• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Bump Trip to Colorado

downhill04

Pat,

I’m very interested. I head out that way every winter to stay with a friend in Breck. Lets chat next time we hit the slopes and set it up.

2knees

Pat,

I’m very interested. I head out that way every winter to stay with a friend in Breck. Lets chat next time we hit the slopes and set it up.

nice. we can talk about it TOMORROW cause you're gonna show up.

downhill04

nice. we can talk about it TOMORROW cause you're gonna show up.

Sorry I flip flopped to Friday. This has been a crazy day at the office. Told my boss off when he scheduled meetings tomorrow and told him I'm not coming in friday so if you plan something too friggen bad. Skiing brings out the worst in me.

I'm sure we will catch up in the next few weeks.

highpeaksdrifter

The last time I did the Summit County trip we took a day to go down to MaryJane. Even though it beat the crap out of me it was well worth it. While it's true that you can find great bump skiing at other Colorado ski areas IMO nowhere I've been has as much. As someone who considers himself a bump skier I also like to be able to say I skied there.

We where only there for a day so we never made it into the Winter Park area.

skiadikt

we pull right into the jane lot and never even get to the winter park side. no one has the concentration of bump runs that the jane has. and it's not a small area. you've got a high speed 6-pack, couple doubles and a triple.

wa-loaf

I just booked a flight to CO. I'll be in Vail from March 19th - 22nd. I might be able make it to MJ one of those days. Is it hard to get to from Vail?

rueler

I just booked a flight to CO. I'll be in Vail from March 19th - 22nd. I might be able make it to MJ one of those days. Is it hard to get to from Vail?

it'll be a bit of a drive. The road (berthoud pass) to get to Winter Park in Fraser, CO is accesssed on the east side of the Eisenhower Tunnel...Vail is still probably an hour further west of the tunnel...probably two hours away if I'm remembering correctly.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
it'll be a bit of a drive. The road (berthoud pass) to get to Winter Park in Fraser, CO is accesssed on the east side of the Eisenhower Tunnel...Vail is still probably an hour further west of the tunnel...probably two hours away if I'm remembering correctly.

It's quite a bit east of the Tunnel. It's exit 232 (Empire/Granby).

It took me about 1hr 45min in really good weather, and 2hr 35min in bad weather to get there from Leadville. Should be a similar drive time, +/- from Vail. Just check with CDOT to make sure Berthoud is open.