• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Bump Trip to Colorado

2knees

any interest in some preliminary inquiries into a Mary Jane/Winter Park trip in late feb./early march? Even something as simple as a 2 day, 2 night deal. Any takers?

mondeo

Well, there is the mogulskiing.net trip, Feb. 4-8.

I'd love to go, but I'm half planning on going to one of the Mogul Logic summer camps on Blackcomb. Puts me in a tight spot funds wise if I want to buy a house any time soon.

2 days/nights, though...

powhunter

any interest in some preliminary inquiries into a Mary Jane/Winter Park trip in late feb./early march? Even something as simple as a 2 day, 2 night deal. Any takers?

im always down for a road trip......I am doing the ML mini camp at sugarbush but I think that is the first weekend in april

steve

deadheadskier

Staff member
Would love to, but not in the cards for this winter funds wise. I'm hoping to make my triumphant return to the West next winter though. I'd like to a four day trip to SLC. Fly out on a Wednesday night and come back on a Sunday.

djspookman

I'll already be there feb 24-mar 1. Hitting a variety of places (Copper, Loveland, ABasin) with the wifey. We'll be staying elcheapo Georgetown, but still haven't decided if we're going to hit WP yet or not though, how's Berthoud pass usually?

dave

wa-loaf

I'm heading out sometime in March/April. Nothing firm yet, so I could work it to fit if someone sets a date.

2knees

I'm heading out sometime in March/April. Nothing firm yet, so I could work it to fit if someone sets a date.

Nice. I'll post some dates that would work for me tonight. March/April should be fine for me as opposed to february.

Greg

Staff member
im always down for a road trip......I am doing the ML mini camp at sugarbush but I think that is the first weekend in april

I want to do the Babic camp too, but I don't see any dates posted on the mogullogic Web site yet.

As far as CO, probably not in the cards this year.

powhunter

I want to do the Babic camp too, but I don't see any dates posted on the mogullogic Web site yet.

As far as CO, probably not in the cards this year.

yea I was telling pat...screw the CO. trip Lets do the 2 day camp at the bush and parlee it into a 4 day bump/drinking fest.....I did shoot Babic an e-mail about this years dates..let ya know when he responds

steve

powbmps

I'll already be there feb 24-mar 1. Hitting a variety of places (Copper, Loveland, ABasin) with the wifey. We'll be staying elcheapo Georgetown, but still haven't decided if we're going to hit WP yet or not though, how's Berthoud pass usually?

Don't count on consistent grooming and plan on bringing your own lunch.

And maybe an extra lung for the hike.

rueler

dave

the only grooming at Berthoud is human groomin'. It's been closed as a ski area for awhile now, but you definitely can ski it if you don't mind the hike (as powbmps referred to)...some stuff is doable right from the road, but you'll need a car to shuttle you back up the pass. There was a cat operation running out of there....don't know if it's still around?? Doubt it though.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Question for all......what's the appeal of doing a quick trip to Colorado over Utah? I know the bumps are legendary at Winter Park, but are they really 'that' much better than elsewhere out west? Would a quick Colorado trip be less expensive than Utah?

I guess it just seems for a quick trip, SLC would be an easier/better option due to it's proximity to the mountians, though I've never been there to back up this claim.

wa-loaf

Question for all......what's the appeal of doing a quick trip to Colorado over Utah? I know the bumps are legendary at Winter Park, but are they really 'that' much better than elsewhere out west? Would a quick Colorado trip be less expensive than Utah?

I guess it just seems for a quick trip, SLC would be an easier/better option due to it's proximity to the mountians, though I've never been there to back up this claim.

I'm going to hang with a college buddy who lives in Denver. For a weekender I'd probably go to SLC, much easier access to the hills.

rueler

you guys have a point on accessibility...It's 2 hours or so from the airport in Denver to Winter Park....It's about 30 minutes to the goods from the airport in SLC.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Oh yes, another opportunity to pull out my Solitude pic.

P3070223.JPG

2knees

yes utah has superior snow. but mary jane is the holy grail of bump skiing. i want to get there while i still have two usable knees.