• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain - 10/29/2008

bvibert

Staff member
Greg, what were you and B using for skis?

I was on my Volkl Vertigo G4s which are 118-83-106. I definitely wish in was in something wider. I have a pair of twin tips that are 119-93-119, which may have been a bit better but I haven't skied them yet and I didn't want to bust em up too bad if there wasn't good coverage.

Glenn

I was on my Volkl Vertigo G4s which are 118-83-106. I definitely wish in was in something wider. I have a pair of twin tips that are 119-93-119, which may have been a bit better but I haven't skied them yet and I didn't want to bust em up too bad if there wasn't good coverage.

How long are the Volkls?

JimG.

Staff member
Wow guys, not even a phone call or PM?

no invite for JimG., huh?

I hate you all.

JK...couldn't have bagged out of work anyway.

bvibert

Staff member

I hate you all.

We knew you'd say that, so we didn't want to ruin your day by inviting you... ;)

Greg

Staff member

I hate you all.

You hardly post here anymore so we figured you did indeed hate us all.... ;)

Actually, I was commenting to Brian on the way over that I wish I had invited you. Sorta just an oversight; that's the best explanation I got. I immediately thought you would be too busy with work, but at least an invite should have been extended. My bad.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com

bvibert

Staff member
Nice to see a mountain celebrate turn earning instead of kicking people off the mountain. Mountains can do what they want to do, but I do appreciate it when any mountain celebrates the activity and uses it as a marketing tool to entice people to visit.

Completely agree!

dmc

Nice to see a mountain celebrate turn earning instead of kicking people off the mountain. Mountains can do what they want to do, but I do appreciate it when any mountain celebrates the activity and uses it as a marketing tool to entice people to visit.

Belleayre did as well with the whole pirate flag thing...

Good stuff...

JD

Website
hotmail.com

Agreed.

JimG.

Staff member
You hardly post here anymore so we figured you did indeed hate us all.... ;)

Actually, I was commenting to Brian on the way over that I wish I had invited you. Sorta just an oversight; that's the best explanation I got. I immediately thought you would be too busy with work, but at least an invite should have been extended. My bad.

Hey, I've been posting more frequently lately...the ski jones is off the charts right now, especially with the recent snow.

I'd say I'm going to go to Sundown and not invite you, but that sounds pretty lame.

One of our sales reps is leaving and I've been given 20 of his best accounts...cha ching! But it means alot of work in the next week or two. So I really wouldn't have been able to make it.

Apology accepted, don't let it happen again!

Greg

Staff member
I'd say I'm going to go to Sundown and not invite you, but that sounds pretty lame.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I felt bad enough about it as it was. Now you go and make me feel all horrible. I deserve it, I guess.... :(

JimG.

Staff member
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I felt bad enough about it as it was. Now you go and make me feel all horrible. I deserve it, I guess.... :(

Just busting balls.

I see the Catskills on my route in Rhinebeck NY and it was very tough to stay focused on the job and look at all that snow and know that skis were sliding.

bigbog

the early dumps usually call for the fatties...;-)

Nice job on the video Greg...and looked like a real winner of a day, but the early snow is often a little on the heavy side...Don't Forget The Powskis next time;-).

SteveD