• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington: 2008-09 Scorecard

mondeo

I'm still hearing a lot of bad things. It seems as if they came in last year and really focused on cutting out the crap and trying to "right the ship." In doing so, they pissed a lot of people off. I think this season they have been trying to make amends, but they still have lots of critics.

Sounds like there is a lot of frustration up there. As was the case with Sugarbush, when ASC left town, the new owners found a lot of problems that needed to be dealt with. I've heard that there was a lot of problems with staffing and morale. No easy fixes there.

As to expansion plans, I think we know that there will be none with this economy. In an interview with VPR, Tom Horrocks acknowledged that this latter half of the season has not been so good, with only 18 inches of new snow in March. He said that they expect to be behind last season's numbers by about 1%. Not good news.
Yeah, but last year they were able to kill enough that they could feast on a new HSQ, bunch of snowmaking upgrades, and the Stash (well, sorta, not sure how much of the bill Burton footed on that one.) From what Tom's said, I'm guessing there'll still be enough to do a bunch of snowmaking improvements and some other infrastructure stuff. And something about planning on really using their snowmaking capacity next year. Superstar glacier, anyone?