• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington: 2008-09 Scorecard

tjf67

I dont hate killington I just think there hill is Jr. Varsity

BigK

newaniml.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Didn't Skyeship stage 1 operations increase back to running 7 days a week (maybe at the end of last season)? I can't remember correctly but if they did fix that, I should be counted as a positive move, if not, count it as a negative.

icedtea

I dont hate killington I just think there hill is Jr. Varsity

what would that make okemo, snow, stratton etc??? not too mention every hill in ct or ma or pa or nj etc.......

2knees

So far, how can you complain. I have no problems with anything powdr has done with killington other then shortening the season. early season doesnt mean anywhere near as much to me.

danny p

so far I'm real happy I decided to buy another pass to K. Kinda seems like old times again.

SkiDork

Geoff

So far so good from this vantage point - opening 13 days ahead of schedule, 50th birthday weekend deal, the $100 CoC purchase/pass discount thing, new Skye Peak quad, etc.. There will always be haters though that will argue there's still a lot of ill will to undo. Let's use this thread to discuss how Killington is doing so far this year and throughout the rest of the season.

How can you scorecard the 2008-2009 season when the mountain hasn't even opened yet?

I'd give their midwinter weekend/holiday performance a solid "B" last year. Their performance in the spring was a solid "F". I'm not going to scorecard 2009 until we get to May.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I give them credit for what appears to be going back to the Killington of old. I think that if Sunday River didn't "out Killington" them, they'd be open today. Since Sunday River did open first, they probably held off to provide a better product. Let's see how they do throughout the season and more impotantly, how long they stay open. I think a later closing will show that the realized they made a mistake last season and will result a far greater amount of season passes sold for next year.

Sunday River and even Mt. Snow to the south did put them to shame last year and are very willing to continue, so Killington will have to step it up a bit.

Greg

Staff member
How can you scorecard the 2008-2009 season when the mountain hasn't even opened yet?.

Read the first post again. You know, the one you quoted...

So far so good from this vantage point - opening 13 days ahead of schedule, 50th birthday weekend deal, the $100 CoC purchase/pass discount thing, new Skye Peak quad, etc.. There will always be haters though that will argue there's still a lot of ill will to undo. Let's use this thread to discuss how Killington is doing so far this year and throughout the rest of the season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have been rather impressed, but my leash for them is short. If BigK was an employee and I was his boss, he would've gotten a serious reprimand for the stunt he pulled last night.