• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

East Snowfields on Mt. Washington

zowi420

On Saturday, 6/4/05, Lftgly and I drove up the Auto Road, parked near the summit, and skied the East Snowfields on Mt. Washington. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. We got there early and there were not too many people; it filled up quickly though! We hiked over to the rim of the Great Gulf so Lftgly could get a run on Airplane Gully, which goes way down and is quite a hike back up. The snow was great...so happy I hadn't packed away my ski stuff yet. Sorry I don't have any pictures to post!

sledhaulingmedic

Nice pix, Riv!

Glad you got another trip in. It was still great on Wednesday, but noticable snow loss at the top by the time we drove back from GG on Friday.

I think this might be it. Things are fading fast and I can't go again until late next week.

Oh well. There's always next season. At least I went out with a bang.

lftgly

what a beautiful day to remember...
img_0281_eastsnowfields.jpg

img_0286eastsnowfields.jpg

img_0285eastsnowfields.jpg

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
great pics! but man, lftgly... i had just recently temporarily forgotten how great the last few days of the season were. now i am back at stage I withdrawal all over again! what a day indeed, though!

bvibert

Staff member
Nice pics lftgly! Welcome to the forums, we hope to see more of you here!

JimG.

Staff member
Good to see Lftgly post here...I've never had the pleasure of joining him, but his knowledge of skiing around the MWV is immense and he takes great skiing pics too.

lftgly

thanks you, guys, but it's easy to take great skiing pics of zowie! I hope she doesn't mind, I've been meaning to post these for awhile.

Skier75

zowi420, UK and I have never been up to Tuck's...we were supposed to go up at the end of last season with a friend, but something came up and we couldn't make it. Maybe someday.....

zowi420

No, sadly, I have never skied the bowl, my only trips to tucks being in the summer, but I am wondering, how did you know that? UK? UphillKlimber? Ya got me....
Whenever you're ready, I'm ready. We should start seeing the first flakes in about a month. I CAN'T WAIT!