• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Name the view

awf170

ga2ski said:
I know I'm right on that one so here is the next picture.

Probably easy, but it is a nice picture. Name the mountain and the where I was standing.

flume_from_liberty_001.jpg

i was always curious about the skiability(yes i enjoy making up my own words) of those slides... i think they are skiable just sick, with high avi danger

ga2ski

awf170 said:
i was always curious about the skiability(yes i enjoy making up my own words) of those slides... i think they are skiable just sick, with high avi danger

I look at them often on the way to/from SR in the winter. I think they are skiable, but I would need a good beacon and a good buddy that knows alot about avalanches before I tried it.

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
ga2ski said:
Strat said:
Well, I guess that was a bit too easy. Let me try something else...

DSC02240.jpg

General location is very simple, but can you guess exactly?

Definitely Acadia. Atop The Bubbles facing west toward Jordan Pond and Cadillac
As you decided to advance on this, I'm gonna give it away... not actually on the bubbles, actually from pemetic mountain, looking east towards south bubble, sargeant mountain...

ga2ski

Strat said:
ga2ski said:
Strat said:
Well, I guess that was a bit too easy. Let me try something else...

DSC02240.jpg

General location is very simple, but can you guess exactly?

Definitely Acadia. Atop The Bubbles facing west toward Jordan Pond and Cadillac
As you decided to advance on this, I'm gonna give it away... not actually on the bubbles, actually from pemetic mountain, looking east towards south bubble, sargeant mountain...

Sorry. you should have said " No,you are wrong!" I would have kept guessing with the help of my Acadia map. I need to get back up there and do more hiking.

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
ga2ski said:
Sorry. you should have said " No,you are wrong!" I would have kept guessing with the help of my Acadia map. I need to get back up there and do more hiking.
Haha, still getting to know the ropes around here... I could do another Acadia one... let's see...

DSC00401.jpg

Should be pretty easy...

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
ga2ski said:
whereisit01.jpg

No clue. Guessing Galehead or one of the Twins (Never been on the twins or galehead) as i think that is the Franc ridge in the background.

Nope! Any other takers? I didn't go out of the area; it is in New England...

pizza

Website
www.tursi.com
JimG. said:
Bear Mountain?

Yep! Shot from the side of (not the summit) of Bear Mountain. That's the Bear Mountain Bridge, Anthony's nose (the peak directly above the bridge on the Westchester Side), and The Hudson River.

The reason I love this photo is we get to compare the color of the Hudson to the color of Hessian Lake. Ooooh.. brown rivers!

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Thanks! The camera has a specific panorama mode, which locks the white balance and exposure across all the shots. That makes a huge difference in reducing the seams.