• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

madskier6

Awesome! Lots of Kevin stoke here:

Super polite little kid and likes to ski right on the edge.......just like his dad! :spin:

Thanks for the kind words Greg. Kevin is looking forward to some good ski days this year, especially the bump contest. So am I, especially 2knees' first day at MRG. It will happen this season!

Greg

Staff member
I"m telling you, I want to do this. Maybe the 2nd one. What were there, 2 women last year? And one was a teen? All I want to do is finish. Who wants to teach me?

Go for it! But remember the spring comp will be held on Gunny so I would expect it to be quite a bit more challenging than Temptor, although the bumps should be softer. Just keep practicing and do it anyway. You'll have fun and it gives you a goal.

Anyone remember that chick in the pink pants that showed up after the comp was over? I think she was on Twisters and she ripped, plus she was....... :-o

mondeo

Go for it! But remember the spring comp will be held on Gunny so I would expect it to be quite a bit more challenging than Temptor, although the bumps should be softer. Just keep practicing and do it anyway. You'll have fun and it gives you a goal.

Anyone remember that chick in the pink pants that showed up after the comp was over? I think she was on Twisters and she ripped, plus she was....... :-o

Rossis, not Twisters. I actually skied wit her some a few weeks later at Killington.

Greg

Staff member
Rossis, not Twisters. I actually skied wit her some a few weeks later at Killington.

That's right! Hot bumper chick with naked lady skis. Gotta love it!

1151471201_s

1151471201_s

Steezy...is it true that bump skis are rarely available to demo? I saw Mondeos Crabcrawler at Killington last week and they reminded me of my old K2 El Caminos which were 99-63-90 or so..and I remember those skis being good in the bumps..fat double tips just don't cut it in the bumps..My race skis are alot better in the bumps..

Greg

Staff member
Steezy...is it true that bump skis are rarely available to demo? I saw Mondeos Crabcrawler at Killington last week and they reminded me of my old K2 El Caminos which were 99-63-90 or so..and I remember those skis being good in the bumps..fat double tips just don't cut it in the bumps..My race skis are alot better in the bumps..

Not only are they tough to find at a demo, but outside of shops near bigger resorts, they're hard to find at most ski shops.

mondeo

Incidentally, she lives about 5 minutes from Sundown and was with a guy (possibly husband,) with Head bump skis.

Rossi Smash lives 5 minutes from Sundown and has Head bump skis.

Just sayin'.

Cabrawlers are 92-66-82. Twisters are 98-66-85, Rossis are 101-66-91.

At some point this year I'm bringing out my old K2 715s. 84-64-74, and a sweet piezoelectric damper. Repaired teh delamed tip tonight, gonna take 'em in today for the bindings. Somehow, the bindings are still on the indemnification list, I think.

Greg

Staff member
Incidentally, she lives about 5 minutes from Sundown and was with a guy (possibly husband,) with Head bump skis.

Rossi Smash lives 5 minutes from Sundown and has Head bump skis.

Just sayin'.

I thought she told me she was married to a patroller. Could be wrong though.

At some point this year I'm bringing out my old K2 715s. 84-64-74, and a sweet piezoelectric damper. Repaired teh delamed tip tonight, gonna take 'em in today for the bindings. Somehow, the bindings are still on the indemnification list, I think.

Wow, those are some skinny skis..what length are they?

bvibert

Staff member
then this is the perfect "competition" to enter. the only real competition is who can break whose balls the most.

Isn't that the 'bust' part of the 'Bump or Bust' name? I'm not even in it for the bump skiing part, just the busting... 8)

mondeo

Looks like you've just been dying to use that pic. Too bad it doesn't really fit here. Nice try though.

:razz:

I dunno. I figured that Brian wasn't in it for the bump skiing was pretty obvious.

Or is this just an overall FAIL for me?

Last edited: