• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

Greg

Staff member
6 Week Mark this Saturday!!!

Don't let any icy January bumps scare you.

MrMagic, Brian and I were joking last night about the strong possibility of some icy bumps in mid-January. I'm sure Chris and co. will do their best to set up a skiable course. Should be interesting, that's for sure!

Roll call:

2Knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
Mr.evil
Grassi21
powhunter
madskier6
madskier6's son Kevin

The 6-week mark is this Saturday. Hope you're getting your practice in! :lol:

gmcunni

Roll call:

2Knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
Mr.evil
Grassi21
powhunter
madskier6
madskier6's son Kevin
gmcunni

downhill04

Roll call:

2Knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
Mr.evil
Grassi21
powhunter
madskier6
madskier6's son Kevin
gmcunni

Downhill04 is going to bring it. As long as Greg doesn't break my back again :angry:

I'm working on a 360 dumper air. Brian can you give me a few pointers?

bvibert

Staff member
Downhill04 is going to bring it. As long as Greg doesn't break my back again :angry:

I'm working on a 360 dumper air. Brian can you give me a few pointers?

Work on your mid-air squats. If you can manage to spin a 360 while squatting and doing a simulated ass wipe you'll be golden.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
What time is the actual event? I'd come, but I don't suppose I could make it back to Mt. Ellen in time for my grooming shift.

2knees

What time is the actual event? I'd come, but I don't suppose I could make it back to Mt. Ellen in time for my grooming shift.

last years event was over by 3 o'clock or so. i think it started around 11:30. obviously, the more people the longer it would take. You should really aim for the second one. Its on a more legitimate (yes i'm using that term) run. steeper and much longer. either way, we would absolutely love to see you make it. You'd clean up big time on the first one for sure. I've heard rumblings that the one on gunny may be a more big time professional style event which may draw more talent.

you'll have a good time, that much i can guarantee.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Yeah, I'll probably have to wait for the second one. I don't think I can take a day off this early, and it's about a 4 hour drive for me (my shift starts at 4pm). I best wait til March! I'll have my skills back up to par by then anyway, and might have a chance to work on some "interesting" airs.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Aye, I don't think I've had much of a chance to get out and rip the bumps with many AZers. I'll have to fix that this season!

Greg

Staff member
last years event was over by 3 o'clock or so. i think it started around 11:30. obviously, the more people the longer it would take. You should really aim for the second one. Its on a more legitimate (yes i'm using that term) run. steeper and much longer. either way, we would absolutely love to see you make it. You'd clean up big time on the first one for sure. I've heard rumblings that the one on gunny may be a more big time professional style event which may draw more talent.

you'll have a good time, that much i can guarantee.

I think it was more like 1 pm to around 4 pm.

Yeah, I'll probably have to wait for the second one. I don't think I can take a day off this early, and it's about a 4 hour drive for me (my shift starts at 4pm). I best wait til March! I'll have my skills back up to par by then anyway, and might have a chance to work on some "interesting" airs.

Come for the spring comp and make a day out of it. The spring competition on Gunbarrel will be insane. It's shaping up to be one helluva event. Hopefully Jarrod will have more info about it soon.

BTW, the January comp is only 5 weeks away!

2knees

my money is on the magic man again this year. Greg will choke in the head to head part. Powhunter, he seems to be really picking up some steam this year.

but the real dark horse has to be mondeo. i was impressed with what little i saw at killington earlier this year. he may be a force to be reckoned with.

Greg

Staff member
my money is on the magic man again this year. Greg will choke in the head to head part. I will crash. Powhunter, he seems to be really picking up some steam this year.

but the real dark horse has to be mondeo. i was impressed with what little i saw at killington earlier this year. he may be a force to be reckoned with.

Fixed it for you.

Greg

Staff member
i'm going to take your approach. ski as slowly and conservatively as possible so i can then claim to have been robbed.

Scoring is based on 50% turns. Only 25% speed, and 25% air. In your case as you're laying on your back after you wrecked, they'll all be 0%.

2knees

Scoring is based on 50% turns. Only 25% speed, and 25% air. In your case as you're laying on your back after you wrecked, they'll all be 0%.

:lol:

all i can say is if by some stroke of unbelievable luck/happenstance i win, you will never ever ever ever ever hear the end of it.

Greg

Staff member
Roll call:

2knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
MR.evil
Grassi21
powhunter
madskier6
madskier6's son Kevin