• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

Grassi21

I took friday off too...so Ill be there from 11-3 practicing my backflip and dinner roll...anyone else gonna be around??

EDIT: and my victory speech

steve

i'm thinking wed and fri practice sess's.

Greg

Staff member
Looks to be staying cold right up to the comp. Should be good.

Greg

Staff member
Copied from my TR post:

Brian and I spoke with Chris Sullivan at the end of the night. Temptor is going to be their focus this week, The left hand kicker is in. The line leading up to it is very good. Chris is going to have Kurt head up with the cat and rework some of the areas of whaling at the bottom. He might even send him up to push up better landings for the jumps. Chris is very aware that the kickers need more pop and better landings. He went so far as to draw us a side view in the snow. He definitely has the right idea. Temptor will be buried with snowmaking Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights. We should be in great shape on Saturday.

o3jeff

Heard an ad on 96.5 for the Bump or Bust contest and Winter Carnival on my ride into work this morning. This thing could draw lots of competitors.

bvibert

Staff member
That would be most excellent Jeff. Randi was nice enough to do it last year and it came out great, I'm not sure if she's going to enter this year though.

I'm really looking forward to the comp, though I feel really unprepared. I need to get a few more good sessions in this week to get ready!

madskier6

Nice! Updated Roll call:

2knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
MR.evil
Grassi21
madskier6
madskier6's son Kevin
gmcunni
downhill04
powhunter

My son Kevin is out. He has had a stress fracture on his lower left leg since the end of football season (Oct) & it's almost completely healed. Dr. says no skiing for another week or so, however. Doesn't make sense to push it & have his first time out be bashing the bumps in a bump comp. He will be at the March bump comp though.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it on Saturday either. Family commitments & the reality of being unemployed is slowly ruining my ski season this year.

bvibert

Staff member
My son Kevin is out. He has had a stress fracture on his lower left leg since the end of football season (Oct) & it's almost completely healed. Dr. says no skiing for another week or so, however. Doesn't make sense to push it & have his first time out be bashing the bumps in a bump comp. He will be at the March bump comp though.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make it on Saturday either. Family commitments & the reality of being unemployed is slowly ruining my ski season this year.

Bummer about your son. I hope that you can make it! I didn't realize that you were unemployed. :eek:

o3jeff

That would be most excellent Jeff. Randi was nice enough to do it last year and it came out great, I'm not sure if she's going to enter this year though.

FYI, I don't own a video camera, maybe Greg will let me use his or the Evils if they both enter the contest!

o3jeff

I have a video camera that you can use.
Like This?
tv_camera_465x309.jpg

Greg

Staff member
Jeff - you can use mine. If we let Brian edit it we might not see it until MTB season. :lol: I'll make arrangements to get you up high on a perch.

downhill04

Ahh man not HD. I was looking forward to seeing in HD my crash off the 3rd bump, my face plant off the kicker and my yard sale somewhere in the bottom section.

bvibert

Staff member
Ahh man not HD. I was looking forward to seeing in HD my crash off the 3rd bump, my face plant off the kicker and my yard sale somewhere in the bottom section.

Sorry dude. Aim high though, you should make it to at least the 4th bump..