Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09 - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    That would be awesome if you could make it down for one of the events BMM!

Brian

Aye, I don't think I've had much of a chance to get out and rip the bumps with many AZers. I'll have to fix that this season!

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    last years event was over by 3 o'clock or so. i think it started around 11:30. obviously, the more people the longer it would take. You should really aim for the second one. Its on a more legitimate (yes i'm using that term) run. steeper and much longer. either way, we would absolutely love to see you make it. You'd clean up big time on the first one for sure. I've heard rumblings that the one on gunny may be a more big time professional style event which may draw more talent.

you'll have a good time, that much i can guarantee.
    I think it was more like 1 pm to around 4 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by BushMogulMaster View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably have to wait for the second one. I don't think I can take a day off this early, and it's about a 4 hour drive for me (my shift starts at 4pm). I best wait til March! I'll have my skills back up to par by then anyway, and might have a chance to work on some "interesting" airs.
    Come for the spring comp and make a day out of it. The spring competition on Gunbarrel will be insane. It's shaping up to be one helluva event. Hopefully Jarrod will have more info about it soon.

BTW, the January comp is only 5 weeks away!
    I ski double black diamonds.

my money is on the magic man again this year. Greg will choke in the head to head part. Powhunter, he seems to be really picking up some steam this year.

but the real dark horse has to be mondeo. i was impressed with what little i saw at killington earlier this year. he may be a force to be reckoned with.

my money is on the magic man again this year. Greg will choke in the head to head part. I will crash. Powhunter, he seems to be really picking up some steam this year.

but the real dark horse has to be mondeo. i was impressed with what little i saw at killington earlier this year. he may be a force to be reckoned with.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    i'm going to take your approach. ski as slowly and conservatively as possible so i can then claim to have been robbed.

i'm going to take your approach. ski as slowly and conservatively as possible so i can then claim to have been robbed.
    Scoring is based on 50% turns. Only 25% speed, and 25% air. In your case as you're laying on your back after you wrecked, they'll all be 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Scoring is based on 50% turns. Only 25% speed, and 25% air. In your case as you're laying on your back after you wrecked, they'll all be 0%.

all i can say is if by some stroke of unbelievable luck/happenstance i win, you will never ever ever ever ever hear the end of it.

all i can say is if by some stroke of unbelievable luck/happenstance i win, you will never ever ever ever ever hear the end of it.
    Don't worry I will beat you

Roll call:

2knees
    bvibert
    mondeo
    Greg
    MR.evil
    Grassi21
    powhunter
    madskier6
    madskier6's son Kevin
    gmcunni