• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

mondeo

We need to get someone with a helmet cam. Some split screen shots, synched between helmet and 3rd person, would be sweet. Plus it would further the impression that all we care about is video.

mondeo

Should be some good competition Saturday. Skied with one of the patrollers tonight for a bit, I think I know who I'm picking to win...

And it isn't one of us. But at least AZ bragging rights are still on the line.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just love Greg crouched down in the background of that poster pic. ;)

I thought they were going to do something separate for tele this year?

Greg

Staff member
I just love Greg crouched down in the background of that poster pic. ;)

I thought they were going to do something separate for tele this year?

Just rooting on our boy! Nigel will probably be the only guy on tele again. We'll take his crown this year. :lol:

gmcunni

what time you guys planning on starting Saturday? was the kicker open before the comp last year for some practice?

2knees

what time you guys planning on starting Saturday? was the kicker open before the comp last year for some practice?

last year they built the kickers the day off the comp. we each got a few hits off them before the comp. For me, its the biggest cause of angst about the whole thing. I dont really like getting air and then you are looking at this thing saying wtf am i doing here. i'm sure they'll give us a chance to hit it a few times before.

oh and i'll probably aim for 12:00. I want to get some warmup runs, but not too many.

Greg

Staff member
I'm aiming for 11 am to noon. Like Pat, I don't want to burn out, but I do want to get some runs and some jumps in.

mondeo

Left kicker is under construction, maybe halfway done when I was there last night. Looks like it'll have more kick.

Greg

Staff member
Left kicker is under construction, maybe halfway done when I was there last night. Looks like it'll have more kick.

It was there Sunday night. Was the area below the kickers any different? I can't remember when Chris said he was going to send Kurt up to rework some of those bumps.

Greg

Staff member
Saw a few of the Bump or Bust flyers in the lodge last night. One outside the men's room and one on the bulletin board outside the bar. Dotty's touting it on the snow phone and indicates WCCC will be there during the event. Gonna be a blast.

Roll call:

2knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
MR.evil
Grassi21
madskier6
gmcunni
downhill04
powhunter
MrMagic

downhill04

Saw a few of the Bump or Bust flyers in the lodge last night. One outside the men's room and one on the bulletin board outside the bar. Dotty's touting it on the snow phone and indicates WCCC will be there during the event. Gonna be a blast.

Roll call:

2knees
bvibert
mondeo
Greg
MR.evil
Grassi21
madskier6
gmcunni
downhill04
powhunter
MrMagic

Johnnypoach isn't going to make it? Steveo you need to kid nap him and force him to join us.