• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust I - 1/24/09

Greg

Staff member
actually, i just kidding around but Chris mentioned that it may be too warm tonight to make snow. they are looking at a window between 6:00 am and 9:00 am if it does in fact get cold enough. I'm praying they can top coat those cause i really dont want to hit ice bumps at full speed tomorrow.

sharpen those edges ladies, its freakin warm out right now.. :roll: then some plummeting temps during the late morning should set it all up nice and firm.

Sweet! Ice bumps tomorrow. This is setting up to be the worst case scenario with warmish temps today and falling temps tomorrow afternoon. Ha!
:spread:

Hopefully, they can blow snow in the morning. I'll be there around 11 am.

Grassi21

i will be there btwn 10:30 and 11. what time is registration?

MrMagic

probably around noon for me.

sharpen those edges ladies, its freakin warm out right now.. :roll: then some plummeting temps during the late morning should set it all up nice and firm.

see greg remember that night in dec when we wre skiing and they were all froze up and i said " good pratice for the jan bump comp"

Greg

Staff member
see greg remember that night in dec when we wre skiing and they were all froze up and i said " good pratice for the jan bump comp"

Indeed I do. Not worried about the bumps, but not looking forward to slapping down on the landings....

bvibert

Staff member
I'll be there 10:30-11:00ish to get some practice runs in before registration, which begins at noon I believe.

Greg

Staff member
Temps are dropping fast and just dipped below freezing. Hopefully they can make some snow on Temptor this morning.

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
The temperature keeps falling and, if it gets low enough for snow-making to improve conditions we will dust up. It will only take about ten minutes to get snow-making under way if the decision is made to make snow. Be prepared to practice under snow-making conditions.
They are not ideal right now but they have been worse.

2knees

whatever it takes. practicing under snowmaking is a tiny price to pay for having some softer bumps.

its a trade off all of us will make happily i'm sure.

MR. evil

Today should be fun!

I think I am going to stop at the ski shop for some new poles on my way to the hill. I have been using my regular poles in the bumps and they are just a little too long. But the ones I have been using a bump poles feel way to short. Going to try somthing in the middle of the two.......Not that it will help much!

I hope once the adrenaline get flowing I will get the nearve to bust out a cheesy spreader or a one o'clock twister off the kicker.

Grassi21

i just mixed up my special blend of energy/courage drink. gatorade and vitamin V.... for you squares, the V stands for vodka.

gmcunni

heading out now... dropping daughter off at ice skating then up to the hill.. should be on snow beween 11-11:30. c u there.

Greg

Staff member
The temperature keeps falling and, if it gets low enough for snow-making to improve conditions we will dust up. It will only take about ten minutes to get snow-making under way if the decision is made to make snow. Be prepared to practice under snow-making conditions.
They are not ideal right now but they have been worse.

whatever it takes. practicing under snowmaking is a tiny price to pay for having some softer bumps.

its a trade off all of us will make happily i'm sure.

Awesome! Practicing under the guns has the added benefit of reducing any whaling, not there there's enough time to blow that much snow, but still. It'll be good to get stuff skied in as it falls. I know you'll do your best to make the course as good as it can be Chris and I'm sure everyone appreciates it!

Where is the last minute trash talking?:lol:

Did enough of that. I want to take this time to wish everyone luck today. It's going to be a blast. I should be there around 11 am.