• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Look up "tool" in the dictionary...

dmc

Notice Jeb Bush's picture next to the definition?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050617...7bdyl4A;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Probe Sought in Terri Schiavo 911 Call
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Gov. Jeb Bush said Friday that a prosecutor has agreed to investigate why Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago, citing an alleged gap in time from when her husband found her and called 911.

In a letter faxed to Pinellas-Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe, Bush said Michael Schiavo testified in a 1992 medical malpractice trial that he found his wife collapsed at 5 a.m. on Feb. 25, 1990, and he said in a 2003 television interview that he found her about 4:30 a.m. He called 911 at 5:40 a.m.

"Between 40 and 70 minutes elapsed before the call was made, and I am aware of no explanation for the delay," Bush wrote. "In light of this new information, I urge you to take a fresh look at this case without any preconceptions as to the outcome."

....Rest at link...

hammer

This is insane. :blink:

If this guy ever ends up being a serious presidential candidate, then we're in a whole world of hurt...

JimG.

Staff member
Just another instance of those in power using non-issues to distract the masses from real issues. This case was a circus for weeks and those in power got alot of play out of it. Let's face it, for weeks it was one of the few things alot of people talked about.

These politicians figure if it worked then, why not again?

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Most liberals are used to people who blow with the wind and change their values based on the daily poll numbers.

However there are those of us who keep our values dear and follow them. Rather than assign names to us (tool, robot, kool-aider, to name a few), perhaps you can apply your "gospel of tolerance" and allow them to have a viewpoint.

In my opinion, Bush is following his convictions rather than "giving up". You hate it when you are told to "get over" George Bush winning, yet apply the same concept that Jeb Bush should "get over" losing the court battle rather than continuing to fight a percieved injustice (to him).

The liberal double standard marches on...

-Stephen

P.S. More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died at Gitmo.

JimG.

Staff member
Stephen said:
P.S. More people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than have died at Gitmo. :beer:

I was wondering when "the swimmer" would come into play. Wow, there's a case where a little more investigation might have been in order.

It's a good spin to say that Jeb is following his principles, but I don't buy it. Just another politico using an unfortunate but legal outcome to further a political agenda.

Liberal, conservative, it hardly matters...it's all about getting political play and acquiring more power.

I don't think any of these politicians care at all about this poor woman and they should let her rest in peace.

hammer

Stephen said:
In my opinion, Bush is following his convictions rather than "giving up". You hate it when you are told to "get over" George Bush winning, yet apply the same concept that Jeb Bush should "get over" losing the court battle rather than continuing to fight a percieved injustice (to him).
I beg to differ, sir...

IMO, all Jeb Bush is doing is trying to get back at Michael Schiavo because he didn't like how the court cases went, and he's using his power as Governor to do so...

BTW, if you have examples of where Democrats or liberals have done similar things, please feel free to mention them. If Bush was a Democrat, I'd be saying the same things...

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
hammer said:
BTW, if you have examples of where Democrats or liberals have done similar things, please feel free to mention them.

I can't think of any cases where liberals have stuck to their values in light of an uphill battle. Sorry.

Oh wait, there's Zell Miller. And so far, Barak Obama (or, as Kennedy calls him, Obama Osama).

-Stephen

hammer

Stephen said:
I can't think of any cases where liberals have stuck to their values in light of an uphill battle. Sorry.
I guess the difference of opinion we have is in the interpretation of Bush's actions.

If I thought he was doing this out of some true "principles" or "convictions", I would disagree but respect his tenacity.

The poor woman is at peace, why can't the politicians just leave it at that? Don't we have other more important issues in this country to address?

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
hammer said:
The poor woman is at peace, why can't the politicians just leave it at that? Don't we have other more important issues in this country to address?

The liberals have made a big "to-do" about individual freedoms being restricted by the Patriot act, yet Shaivo's individual freemdom to life _may_ have been trampled on.

I think individual freedoms are a pretty important issue...

-Stephen

hammer

Stephen said:
The liberals have made a big "to-do" about individual freedoms being restricted by the Patriot act, yet Shaivo's individual freemdom to life _may_ have been trampled on.

-Stephen
Agree...but this could be looked upon as her freedom to die as well. It all depends on your perspective.

I believe the problem that people are having with this issue is that it appears that the politicians (on both sides) are trumping this up for personal political gain and, when it comes down to it, they couldn't give a rat's behind about Terry or her family. Jeb Bush's legal maneuvering is, IMO, a prime example of this.

This has been an interesting exchange, but I think we'll have to agree to disagree. :beer:

Feel free to chime in but I think I've vented all I care to about this issue...

BeanoNYC

riverc0il said:
comments on the miscellaneous discussion are getting horribly out of line. nuff' said.

Ditto, Steve. When I post on political threads, I try to keep in mind that unlike most forums, I have a good chance of meeting some of the people I'm not agreeing with. When it all comes down to it, we have to remember our common bond. Inflamatory posts are an unfortunate result of a growing and popular forum.

-Rich-

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Likewise, I might throw a zinger now and then, but I always try to ensure that my posts have some legitimate content rather than ONLY insults or sound bites.

-Stephen

dmc

Stephen said:
Likewise, I might throw a zinger now and then, but I always try to ensure that my posts have some legitimate content rather than ONLY insults or sound bites.

-Stephen

Thats pretty funny...
You must be very proud..

I stand by my disgust for Jeb Bush...

dmc

Stephen said:

What about the individual freedom of the mother that didn't want the hosital to pull the plug on her 6 month old child? But the 1999 "Texas Futile Care Law"(Signed by then gov. Bush) that said they could..
And they did..
Now he's dead...

Why isnt ANYBODY talking about that?

NoodleRod

"Enough is enough," said Democratic Sen. Ron Klein. "I don't want to see it on TV any more, I don't want to hear politicians talk about it. Let her be at peace."

I agree, just let it go !

SkiDog

NoodleRod said:
"Enough is enough," said Democratic Sen. Ron Klein. "I don't want to see it on TV any more, I don't want to hear politicians talk about it. Let her be at peace."

I agree, just let it go !

I agree...why must we continue to waste time and energy on this Schaivo case...shes gone let her rest in peace..

A number of doctors agree she was beyond any hope, yet we, or "the powers that be" continue to look for that ONE lone DR to agree with them...she was gone...there was no hope...will we ever know her "TRUE" wishes no...but lets just move on..

M

SkiDog

thetrailboss said:
Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away :roll:

We can only hope...

I've been ignoring it since they "pulled" the plug...personally I can't imagine ANYONE would say "keep me alive" if they knew they'd be in that state...so I thought it was "for the best"..

M