• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kelty Kid Carriers

drjeff

Much like wearing my ski boots around the house in the off season, I put the pack on the day it was gifted to us and strutted around the house. The baby is due July 21. I tried one of the Deuter ones on the other day. Both had a good feel to them. The thing that I noticed and liked about the Pathfinder is that the child sits a bit higher and it should improve the kids view.

I've got the same one and it did a great job with my oldest(now 3 1/2 and doesn't want to be in a back pack anymore) and my 1 1/2 year old loves it. PLus, it works GREAT when traveling on planes with kids! Easy to carry them around and have free hands to use, LARGE storage areas for all the diapers changing accessories and/or snacks the little one could want, it fits through the security scanner and they'll check it at the gate for you too! It's really made traveling with the little ones alot easier for my wife and I! :)

Grassi21

I've got the same one and it did a great job with my oldest(now 3 1/2 and doesn't want to be in a back pack anymore) and my 1 1/2 year old loves it. PLus, it works GREAT when traveling on planes with kids! Easy to carry them around and have free hands to use, LARGE storage areas for all the diapers changing accessories and/or snacks the little one could want, it fits through the security scanner and they'll check it at the gate for you too! It's really made traveling with the little ones alot easier for my wife and I! :)

That is a great idea for air travel. Do you still bring a stroller along or are you using the Kelty in place of a stroller? I wonder if they would let you gate check both items.

Besides hiking, I plan on using it for sporting events, walks on the beach, and during lacrosse practice. Its going to be funny watching me stomp around at practice yelling at the HS kids with my little one on my back.

drjeff

That is a great idea for air travel. Do you still bring a stroller along or are you using the Kelty in place of a stroller? I wonder if they would let you gate check both items.

Besides hiking, I plan on using it for sporting events, walks on the beach, and during lacrosse practice. Its going to be funny watching me stomp around at practice yelling at the HS kids with my little one on my back.

My wife and I have one of these (http://babyproducts.about.com/od/travel/gr/sitnstroll.htm) for the travel car seat/stroller dilema. I'd highly, highly recomend it if your going to be doing some traveling with the little one! I still use the Kelty though in the airport since from time to time, the little one prefers the view from high up as opposed to down low. Plus, just about every place I travel with the little ones there tends to be a good place to hike around with them..

Great, great kid products. When it comes time for the little Grassi to hit the hill, tons more great tidbits for ya on the way, like get the Phenix Kids clothing, waterproff, darker colors, plus they've built in basically drawstrings in the arms/legs/torso area that allows you to literally get an extra 6" of arm/leg length and torso width, so you'll get ATLEAST 2 seasons(if not 3 out of the outfit!) or the Marker kids helmet with the inner adjustable fitting system, lets you start out with a small diameter head circumference and expand it as the little one grows! The only real limitations I've found so far though with kids ski clothing is in the todler sized spring weight clothing. Manufacturers must think that kids don't want to play outdoors when its 40-50 degrees outside, since it seems like all the clothing they make is full winter weight or super light weight nylon

Grassi21

My wife and I have one of these (http://babyproducts.about.com/od/travel/gr/sitnstroll.htm) for the travel car seat/stroller dilema. I'd highly, highly recomend it if your going to be doing some traveling with the little one! I still use the Kelty though in the airport since from time to time, the little one prefers the view from high up as opposed to down low. Plus, just about every place I travel with the little ones there tends to be a good place to hike around with them..

Great, great kid products. When it comes time for the little Grassi to hit the hill, tons more great tidbits for ya on the way, like get the Phenix Kids clothing, waterproff, darker colors, plus they've built in basically drawstrings in the arms/legs/torso area that allows you to literally get an extra 6" of arm/leg length and torso width, so you'll get ATLEAST 2 seasons(if not 3 out of the outfit!) or the Marker kids helmet with the inner adjustable fitting system, lets you start out with a small diameter head circumference and expand it as the little one grows! The only real limitations I've found so far though with kids ski clothing is in the todler sized spring weight clothing. Manufacturers must think that kids don't want to play outdoors when its 40-50 degrees outside, since it seems like all the clothing they make is full winter weight or super light weight nylon

Great stuff. Thanks for all the info.