• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

deadheadskier

Staff member
If I do eat on-mountain, it would be at CR Pub, Wunderbar, etc. The food at those places is pretty good. Cafeteria food is cafeteria food and there would have to be no other options open for me to go eat in one of the cafeterias in the lodges.

In the East, Spruce Peak at Stowe is a definite exception. Their cafeteria food is better than just about any ski area sit down restaurant in the area. Worth the premium they charge.

dlague

In the East, Spruce Peak at Stowe is a definite exception. Their cafeteria food is better than just about any ski area sit down restaurant in the area. Worth the premium they charge.

Premium is right - holy prices! But not your typical cafeteria.

Tin

Thermos was the best investment I've made for skiing. Turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, pasta and meatballs, etc. Tastes better than most stuff on the mountain. Just make sure you fill it up all the way or it will get cold.

dlague

Classy. Hadn't even thought of this.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

A friend of our turned us on to that. Boil water stuff hotdogs in and voila. We bring two thermos' to share with others. Buns are light and the ski area has condiments.

Thermos was the best investment I've made for skiing. Turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, pasta and meatballs, etc. Tastes better than most stuff on the mountain. Just make sure you fill it up all the way or it will get cold.

Those are some good ideas too! We put the thermos in an insulated bag as well. We boot up at the car. Throw everything in a pack and drop it of at the lodge and ski on!

nhskier1969

The wunderbar is great. It gives you the old New England charm with live music and a good view. And you can't forget about the Meatball bread bowl, it's fantastic.
IMG_1030.jpg

dlague

The wunderbar is great. It gives you the old New England charm with live music and a good view. And you can't forget about the Meatball bread bowl, it's fantastic.
View attachment 20851

Walking from there to the parking lot acres ski is a bit of a chore. Unless you left your skis there. If you decide to take skis off then go there it is chore getting to it.

nhskier1969

They say if a bunny comes out for a photo bomb from a snow storm in October, it's going to be a good year.
Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 3.40.04 PM.jpg

cdskier

All depends on production this weekend and whether they lose much mid-week. I think they can be open with terrain off Heaven's Gate only. I think T2B is out of the question though. Won't be worth the drive for me though with only potentially HG open. A picture I saw yesterday showed a pretty white Jester and Organgrinder, but hard to tell how much snow was actually made already since the picture was taken from a distance.