The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 111

AlpineZone

Page 111 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6960
    Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    What? That's the spring fling......so...

http://www.chairlift.org/knoebel.html
    Yep. Classic Borvig.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    Even on busy days the valley house double gets very little attention from the guests. They should get the terminal to load at the bottom. Walking up that hill sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
    That's exactly what they're going to do from what I heard. I don't see how since there's a base lodge & old gondola terminal in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    No they're not doing that. Same load, slightly different unload.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    Not same load according to this from Win (SkiMRV).

"The plan is to take down the two MTN ops buildings downhill of the mushroom. There is a water plant that would remain but the rest of the area would maintain a retaining wall near where the existing foundation is and the area filled in with dirt and seeded. Loading would be approximately the middle of the mountain operations building. It would be spaced so as not to interfere with Bravo corral and the ski passage way from Gondolier past Bravo. it would provide great uphill out of the area."

"The only potential issue is that it mayl be closer than 50 feet from the Claybrook stream bank which is not allowed under the current ANR guidelines. Our position is we are grandfathered due to the existing building and we will be improving the areas because we will have less impermeable surfaces there. In our opinion is really will be environmentally better. This is very close to where the old Gondola bottom terminal once was."
    Thank you sir. I knew I had read about extending the terminal lower somewhere but couldn't find the link this afternoon.

Hey, Canobie, thanks for posting that link! Totally forgot that a lift from my favorite ski area went to my favorite amusement park.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    Hey, Canobie, thanks for posting that link! Totally forgot that a lift from my favorite ski area went to my favorite amusement park.
    Hard to believe that it has been gone now for 13 years.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Hard to believe that it has been gone now for 13 years.
    I was just thinking about that lift when I was up there this year

They are reporting that the North Ridge lift is open again. Anyone actually see it in action?

Quote Originally Posted by bellowthecat View Post
    They are reporting that the North Ridge lift is open again. Anyone actually see it in action?
    Yes...I went to Lincoln Peak today while my son skied Mt Ellen and did ride the NRX. Report was that Exterminator was great today.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Yes...I went to Lincoln Peak today while my son skied Mt Ellen and did ride the NRX. Report was that Exterminator was great today.
    That's great news. I love the Bush, but literally every single time I have been there (not that many, like 15 times) NRX wasn't running. As a result I have only been to Ellen once, and even that was because Super Bravo and North Lynx were down at Lincoln. Hoping to get back up later this month and really explore that area.

I love lower fis but it hasn't been open the last 5 or so times I've been there.

Thread Information