• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Rustyfan

22 acre site (corner of Access Road and Inferno Road)

I think I recall seeing some announcement that some or all of that site will be dedicated to the golf facility? Maybe a nine hole course, practice facility, something else golf-related?

noski

Welcome, Rustyfan

8) Welcome! It's pretty nice in here. I haven't seen any flames. Greg keeps a nice neat forum. I kind of forgot about the nine hole plan- good memory. I will look into that. I am feeling a small vibation on the track for formal news and will lift my head in time to tell y'all.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: 22 acre site (corner of Access Road and Inferno Road)

Rustyfan said:
I think I recall seeing some announcement that some or all of that site will be dedicated to the golf facility? Maybe a nine hole course, practice facility, something else golf-related?

Yep, welcome to the boards, Rustyfan! We've made this a new home for SB Fans...be sure to tell others.

:beer:

Tin Woodsman

Yep, welcome to the boards, Rustyfan! We've made this a new home for SB Fans...be sure to tell others.

Yeah, but don't tell everybody. *cough*Ghostrider*cough*

Vortex

Welcome RustyFan. :D Drop by our trip and events folder if you would like to get out with the gang. Allskiing( Dave) I believe is planning to do and outing here if all goes well. More info as he gets out of his water boards later on. :wink:

Rustyfan

Glad to find you!

Don't mean to be unkind or judgmental (at least not too much), but those jokers really ruined the RSN room. RSN shut it down, right?

Tin Woodsman

Hard to tell what happened. All RSN boards were being shut down and they obviously weren't putting much money into wither technology or oversight before they were. What a complete joke. Thankfully, the mods here have a much firmer grip on the wheel.

highpeaksdrifter

Tin Woodsman said:

Speaking of Ghost he works at Ray Brook headquarters for the APA. I wonder if he is one of the subordinates with inappropriate material on his computer mentioned in this article, that would be too funny. BTW he's a good guy in person, he just likes to start things up in forums for his own amusement. http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=386242&category=STATE&BCCode=&newsdate=8/5/2005

thetrailboss

Staff member
Tin Woodsman said:
Hard to tell what happened. All RSN boards were being shut down and they obviously weren't putting much money into wither technology or oversight before they were. What a complete joke. Thankfully, the mods here have a much firmer grip on the wheel.

Don't think you will have to worry about that... :wink:

PM me with any concerns or questions, guys, otherwise, welcome!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
highpeaksdrifter said:
Tin Woodsman said:

Speaking of Ghost he works at Ray Brook headquarters for the APA. I wonder if he is one of the subordinates with inappropriate material on his computer mentioned in this article, that would be too funny. BTW he's a good guy in person, he just likes to start things up in forums for his own amusement. http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=386242&category=STATE&BCCode=&newsdate=8/5/2005

Yup...Keith is a good guy despite being from the Albany area....lol.

Schusseur

Good to see a decent forum about the old 'bush again. kind of liked it when the chat involved telemama, skiladi, daevious, deepp, inverness, bijoux and mtnlady, not to mention you guys who've already found your way here. Cheers!

Lostone

daevious is a posting (Well, maybe not at this moment) member. Skiladi and mtnlady know where we are.

Unfortunately, telemama dropped out before RSN froze. If I see Inverness, I'll mention where we are.

Good to see a bunch of local area posters have a place to chat. :beer:

Also a number of other interesting threads around, should you care to partake.

And if nothing strikes you interest... :idea: Start one that does. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Welcome RSNers! Hope you all enjoy your time here. Hopefully, you'll stick around if/when RSN gets a board running again. We've got a great group here.

Tin Woodsman

Anything happening up on the hill these days? My friend was up there this weekend and said it was a ghost town at the construction site.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Schusseur said:
Good to see a decent forum about the old 'bush again. kind of liked it when the chat involved telemama, skiladi, daevious, deepp, inverness, bijoux and mtnlady, not to mention you guys who've already found your way here. Cheers!

Great to see you all here! I was thetrailboss over there as well and often lurked but contributed when I could... :beer:

So be sure to invite all of those above named folks to this room. This thread has been very active...very active, and we really like having you here! :D

thetrailboss

Staff member
Tin Woodsman said:
Anything happening up on the hill these days? My friend was up there this weekend and said it was a ghost town at the construction site.

I'm sorry to hear that...seems like things have really come to a halt again. :(