The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 576 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
    Has this thread become the new Sugarbush RSN forum? Should we start a "Wachusett" and/or "Adirondacks" thread?

I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Has this thread become the new Sugarbush RSN forum? Should we start a "Wachusett" and/or "Adirondacks" thread?
    You're reading my mind here, Greg.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone

I was before him on the route,tho I don't know which o'clock it was because... I use digital!
    Heck, you were so far up the road, you weren't in my time zone, but you weren't too far from Mtn Lady. Good crowd pics, I was able to pick out lots of people I know. The Sugarbush float with the reference to the Sox winning the series and the building of Lincoln Peak fit right in with the Flying Pig float.
    Come for the Mountains. Stay for the Valley.

Nice shots, Lostone! And definitely earlier than mine.

BTW, there were problems this morning with flickr.com (where my photos are hosted). The glitches have been fixed, so if you tried the link earlier today and couldn't see much, you might try again now.

Re: Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    ... Did anyone notice how clean the town was...?
    Almost didn't catch that comment!

Yes, I did notice and I think it was because of some kind and helpful people walking around with trash bags taking people's sandwich wrappers when they finished eating.

Re: Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by daevious
    Quote Originally Posted by noski
    ... Did anyone notice how clean the town was...?
    Almost didn't catch that comment!

Yes, I did notice and I think it was because of some kind and helpful people walking around with trash bags taking people's sandwich wrappers when they finished eating.
    How absolutely thoughtful... Further question- did you (any of you) prefer the Sugarbush festivities/fireworks the night before the 4th like they did this year, or did you wish they were on the 4th after parade & dance like prior years?

Yes, maybe and no?

Hopefully you don't mind a little extra traffic? Most of us were here beforehand, but the RSN forum going frozen when the Mad River Forum has gone missing leads to little in the way of options in the way of skiing threads.

This thread just gives us a way to keep things about Sugarbush and the area sorta confined. If it is a problem, I think I can come up with another forum. Just that the others are much less based on outdoor activities and get... a little more out there in topics, if you know what I mean.

And besides... Trailboss started it!
    Look! Up in the sky!

Noski, most of the crowd pix were before the parade started. I was scouring the crowd for a buddybadge, and figured I had a few good crowd shots. Always good for getting the feel of things.

I never saw MtnLady there. Didn't see daevious either, and wouldn't know you. Would have said hi, if I did.

As for the fireworks, I thought the idea of having them on Sunday made a lot more sense, as a lot of people would never have been able to stay, otherwise.

But for me, the choice of going over to North and dealing with that traffic leaving, or missing the fireworks... Were there fireworks?
    Look! Up in the sky!

Noski, most of the crowd pix were before the parade started. I was scouring the crowd for a buddybadge, and figured I had a few good crowd shots. Always good for getting the feel of things.

I never saw MtnLady there. Didn't see daevious either, and wouldn't know you. Would have said hi, if I did.

As for the fireworks, I thought the idea of having them on Sunday made a lot more sense, as a lot of people would never have been able to stay, otherwise.

But for me, the choice of going over to North and dealing with that traffic leaving, or missing the fireworks... Were there fireworks?
    Daevious figured me out- see his post. Look harder next year- I will be easier to spot than your BuddyBadge Mate. Mtn Lady and I were both looking for the camera bag. I did find my buddy- that was cool.
    I hear you about the crowd at Mt.Ellen. Toward the end, cars were turned away- lot was FULL. Bragg Hill offered good viewing. Fireworks will have to be at Mt E again next year due to construction. (oh, and I noticed in another thread that the word 'monoski' has 'noski' in it- that's me: mo-noski)

Yes, maybe and no?

Hopefully you don't mind a little extra traffic? Most of us were here beforehand, but the RSN forum going frozen when the Mad River Forum has gone missing leads to little in the way of options in the way of skiing threads.

This thread just gives us a way to keep things about Sugarbush and the area sorta confined. If it is a problem, I think I can come up with another forum. Just that the others are much less based on outdoor activities and get... a little more out there in topics, if you know what I mean.

And besides... Trailboss started it!
    No, you are all welcome! It's great to see that we can continue discussions about SB and the Valley without Ghostie and his buddies going on a rant about something else

I saw some familiar faces, so figured we'd keep the SB discussion going...why stop a good thing? I've heard a lot of compliments about this thread and heck, you can see there is a lot of interest.

Feel free to keep it going on this thread or to start other threads (i.e. "Lincoln Peak Progress" or "Castlerock Lovers only")
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information