The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 578 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 5773
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat
    Quote Originally Posted by djspookman
    I noticed those trees out behind the Gatehouse as well.. looks like we may finally be able to ski to the super bravo instead of pole-along.



    I heard lots of truck trafic heading up the road this morning, but I don't know anything else as of yet.
    Just wish they'd put up pics on the lincoln peak village website... if they're gonna put the effort into making a "look at the status" page, they might as well update it... really wanna see what it's looking like...
    Well, if you're in the Valley, why not just drive or bike up there and check it out?
    Can't drive myself, 15, only can drive with a parent, and they're working (though I must say I've only had since June 4th and my parents are commending me on how good I am...) biking... yeah it's a bit far from Moretown... as well as the fact that I don't actually have a bike at the moment that fits me... PLUS I'm at camp right now at williams college in MA (academic summer thing)... coming back on the 26th though, then I'll persuade my mom to accompany me as I drive up...

  2. #122
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    I'll try to get some recent pix up on my site in the next few days.

    Will post here when I do.

    Stay tuned.



    Which is not the same as staying fuzzy.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    I'll try to get some recent pix up on my site in the next few days.

    Will post here when I do.

    Stay tuned.



    Which is not the same as staying fuzzy.
    Merci lostone.

  4. #124
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588

    Claybrook Progress pix

    OK, took a little longer than I expected.

    I was going to do a chronological order kinda thing with explanations, but started to get the feeling that the pix would make the website after Claybrook was fully inhabited.

    So Here:
    http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix...ix.msnw?Page=5 is a set of pix. It actually starts with the last pic on page 4 and goes to page 6.

    The pic on page 4 along with a few on 5 are before shots. I have more from the early precess, but I'm slow at finding them. The last 6 are from Wed the 20th.

    Let me know if you have any questions about them.

    There might be others around with more knowledge of the project progress. I just know about the pix.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  5. #125
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,401
    Hmmm....doesn't seem as big as I was thinking. Are they going to build the new lodge or building on that bank where the trees have been removed. Also, I noticed that the Season Pass office is being moved.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #126

    Just the new lodge for public is being built first....

    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    Hmmm....doesn't seem as big as I was thinking. Are they going to build the new lodge or building on that bank where the trees have been removed. Also, I noticed that the Season Pass office is being moved.

    And I believe that's what they've broken ground for. The Claybrook residential "private" lodge/timeshare is another building altogether, and, it is my understanding, is a "phase II" construction.

    The building being built is, again, I believe, the "guest services building" indicated on this site plan:

    http://www.lincolnpeakvillage.com/si...plan_large.jpg


    But, hey, I could be mistaken here.
    I'm just a slow emotion replay
    Of somebody I used to be...

    TheThe (Slow Emotion Replay - Dusk, 1993)

  7. #127
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    The plan is to be a number of steps.

    The one in process is to be the family center. It will have all the ski school and day care operations along with guest services. (I believe that the season pass office will be in that section.)

    That is why the trees being pulled from behind Gatehouse was such a surprise, as the part of the plan that replaces the Gatehouse lodge (a constant complaint for years) was to be at least the third part of the plan.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  8. #128

    Re: Claybrook Progress pix

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    OK, took a little longer than I expected.

    I was going to do a chronological order kinda thing with explanations, but started to get the feeling that the pix would make the website after Claybrook was fully inhabited.

    So Here:
    http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix...ix.msnw?Page=5 is a set of pix. It actually starts with the last pic on page 4 and goes to page 6.

    The pic on page 4 along with a few on 5 are before shots. I have more from the early precess, but I'm slow at finding them. The last 6 are from Wed the 20th.

    Let me know if you have any questions about them.

    There might be others around with more knowledge of the project progress. I just know about the pix.
    Nice pics, thanks for the view... This one really shows how much the landscape has changed on that side of the base: http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix...to&PhotoID=555

  9. #129
    Lostone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sugarbush, Vermont
    Posts
    588
    Getting some bad rumors about Claybrook.
    .
    .
    Look! Up in the sky!


    .

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostone
    Getting some bad rumors about Claybrook.
    Do explain!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 10:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:33 AM.