• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Mt Ellen was incredible this morning. Trails like bravo, exterminator, and encore were in some of the best shape I can remember in quite a while.

I had 3rd chair up summit and the packed powder groomed run down rim run to elbow was perhaps the best groomed run I've ever had.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491152863.121840.jpg
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1491152885.739101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

WWF-VT

I lapped the Summit chair at Mt Ellen until 4 PM yesterday. It was soft hero snow all day and a blast to ski.

tumbler

Incredible weekend!! Saturday was up there for top days of the year. Sunday was glorious.

Hawk

Saturday was a top 20 day for me. So many untracked runs and so many 1st one downs also. We ended up doing 6 slidebrooks and had good bus charma to boot. YAHOO. Sunday was great. No lines and soft snow. HG, Castlerock, NL all good. Mt Ellen closed with 100% of the trails open. That will be a skinners paradise this week.

Hawk

Saturday was a top 20 day for me. So many untracked runs and so many 1st one downs also. We ended up doing 6 slidebrooks and had good bus charma to boot. YAHOO. Sunday was great. No lines and soft snow. HG, Castlerock, NL all good. Mt Ellen closed with 100% of the trails open. That will be a skinners paradise this week.

cdskier

I lapped the Summit chair at Mt Ellen until 4 PM yesterday. It was soft hero snow all day and a blast to ski.

I have to admit, I really was starting to enjoy North Ridge being down. Even when Summit is loading every chair to capacity, the trails all feel empty. Trails like Bravo and Exterminator seem to hold up better as well with the reduced traffic.

teleo

Paradise this morning was awesome. As was all the upper mtn.
e7d4501bc37da2b9371999ff64c0b879.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cdskier

Paradise this morning was awesome. As was all the upper mtn.

Who would have thought we would have two awesome powder weekends in a row in April?!?!

Duncanator24

Best day of skiing today out of this entire season. Powder was so light and fluffy and so much coverage in the woods. Weirdest thing ever though was no line at Castlerock from open until like 1pm. Bizarre on a Saturday, but that's the beauty of coming up in April!

skimagic

Best day of skiing today out of this entire season. Powder was so light and fluffy and so much coverage in the woods. Weirdest thing ever though was no line at Castlerock from open until like 1pm. Bizarre on a Saturday, but that's the beauty of coming up in April!

I can't get there until Monday, is it likely the castlerock chair would be running?

cdskier

I can't get there until Monday, is it likely the castlerock chair would be running?

They will run it daily until CR closes when the snow melts there I would expect. That's what they've done in the past.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
They will run it daily until CR closes when the snow melts there I would expect. That's what they've done in the past.

Got word this afternoon that Castlerock and North Lynx areas are done, per the snow report. My guess is that there isn't much left of the runout, and the blowtorch over the next 2 days will kill it. Ski/ride the natural terrain while you can. The Mall looked great today.

cdskier

Got word this afternoon that Castlerock and North Lynx areas are done, per the snow report. My guess is that there isn't much left of the runout, and the blowtorch over the next 2 days will kill it. Ski/ride the natural terrain while you can. The Mall looked great today.

I was a bit surprised to read that in the afternoon snow report after I left. I thought we would have had a bit more time left with both areas. Usually CR in particular has hints in the snow report of it getting closer to the end for several days before it actually closes.

Hawk

Ya I can see castlerock. The bottom was thin and the temps this week with possible rain will not do them any favors. But north Lynx was covered wall to wall with good conditions. We will have to see what happens. It does face the sun. Saturday powder was great. First chair at Bravo and maybe 4th on HG. Sunday was unbelievable sunny conditions. Pond skimming was a blast and there were parties all over the mountain. Good day.

Duncanator24

I would think they are trying to preserve what little is left so that CR and NL can make it for at least next weekend. There was more snow on CR this weekend than there has been all season so I really doubt they are closed just yet. North Lynx directly faces the sun though so this warmer weather is definitely going to bake the snow off of there.

Hawk

I don't think so. They were shoveling snow on the bottom of CR on Sunday. With a week of 60's and 70's plus some rain I doubt they will make it.

tumbler

I have a feeling this is budget driven, it is almost mid-April. Lay off the rest of the lift ops and year round staff operates for the rest of the year. No one is skiing mid-week.