• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Tin Woodsman

castlerock said:
Tin Woodsman said:
BTW, when is homeowner's weekend?

Columbus day weekend. I believe the official name is now "Community weekend"

Normally I'd be all over that. Alas, my fiance wouldn't be too happy if I blew off our wedding to do some work on the hill. Women just don't understand. ;-)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Tin Woodsman said:
castlerock said:
Tin Woodsman said:
BTW, when is homeowner's weekend?

Columbus day weekend. I believe the official name is now "Community weekend"

Normally I'd be all over that. Alas, my fiance wouldn't be too happy if I blew off our wedding to do some work on the hill. Women just don't understand. ;-)

:roll: Yeah, they just don't understand priorities I guess.

vtskibum

So I have to ask.....

Have you seen the new A frame (sandwich board) sign at the entrance to LP?

"Pardon our Progress" - followed by some text about opening day - and closed with Win's name.

In my world progress is a good thing. Asking to be pardoned is a bad thing. As an ex-marketing person I figure they either don't get it or Win is sticking his nose up at us because many didn't believe SBush would ever pull construction off....

thoughts?

noski

Re: So I have to ask.....

vtskibum said:
Have you seen the new A frame (sandwich board) sign at the entrance to LP?

"Pardon our Progress" - followed by some text about opening day - and closed with Win's name.

In my world progress is a good thing. Asking to be pardoned is a bad thing. As an ex-marketing person I figure they either don't get it or Win is sticking his nose up at us because many didn't believe SBush would ever pull construction off....

thoughts?
Very insightful of you. I see that sign several times a week and wondered why it nagged at me. I wondered briefly why they were apologizing for something so important and positive, then promptly forgot about it.

Lostone

The way I read it was a link.

Normal line:
Pardon our dust.

In this case, the dust leads to progress.

Thus, Pardon our progress, asking your pardon for the dust and promising your patience to be rewarded with progress. :idea:

But that's just the way I saw it.

Lostone

Green Mountain Stage Race

Not sure this is the best place for it, but on Labor Day weekend, they had the Green Mountain Stage Race in the area.

I went down and took some pix of them, as they passed by the Sugarbush Access road.

Thought I would share them in case any of the racers were looking in, or anyone else was into bike racing.

I'll probably have them up on my MSN site for a couple of weeks.

madskier6

Re: Green Mountain Stage Race

Great pictures, Lostone! I was in the valley that weekend and the weather was beautiful. I missed the scenes you shot but saw the riders in other parts of the valley that weekend. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Lostone

Everybody was in the valley that weekend!

And what a great weekend to be in Vermont! And last weekend was a touch better.

Glad you liked the pix. Hoping some of the people that were riding would get a chance to see them. Maybe I'll put another link in the Misc forum.

madskier6

SB Season Passes

I bought SB season passes for me and the family yesterday because prices on passes go up significantly after Sept. 19.

It is painful in September to have to fork over $1,000 + for passes :x but well worth it when I think of the endless skiing we'll be able to get in this season. :)

After forking over all that dough, I'm even more psyched for winter than before (and I was pretty damn psyched to begin with). I bought SB season passes last year but I forgot how painful it initially is to hand over all that cash and then have to wait 2-3 months to be able to use them.

Other than the ASC All for One Pass, has anybody else already picked-up season passes for this year at any ski area?

tjd

Re: SB Season Passes

madskier6 said:
Other than the ASC All for One Pass, has anybody else already picked-up season passes for this year at any ski area?

Yup - I bought the family passes to Catamount back in March! A 9 month wait to use them.

And I will be up at the Bush this winter too.

So when does the snow begin ???

Tin Woodsman

Was up on the hill Saturday taking a look at things here and there. I'm not sure if the pictures we've seen can convey how dramatically the hill behind the GH lodge as been changed. Looks like they are planning to remove it entirely - they've taken half of it away thus far. Lots of grading work downhill of the GH quad base terminal. I suppose this is where the new temp village and beginner area will be. Nice to get it out of the way of everyone coming down Spring Fling/Snowball. Much of the parking lot is gone due to Clay Brook construction. The rest of the main lot and the one behind the snowmaking bldg are a mess right now, with piles of dirt and rock all over the place.

Leaves are definitely starting to change at the upper elevations, but of course I could only see that from afar....

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
Was up on saturday too... looks like... well, a mess. They obviously have a plan for what they're going to do, but as Woodsman said, there's piles of dirt and rock strewn about... forgot to bring my camera, could've shown everyone how that hill behind the lodge looks... they've terraced it, not sure about plans to remove it, but they've definitely done quite a bit...

Lostone

Taht teraced part is gone. It now slopes from the top, evenly to the lodge. They're pulling lots more dirt from there.

I should have a few pix up tomorrow.

They are making progress, tho. :)

Looks extra messy as they are working in a bunch of places at the same time. It will be interesting.