• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Does anyone know why the Sugarbush app and website don't necessarily show the same info? For example on the Conditions section of the app there's an "Important Information" section at the top that currently says "Village and North Lynx lifts are closed for the day due to power outages. CR and HG are closed due to wind damage." On the website from a browser though this "Important information" doesn't show up in the Snow Report. If you click on the "Lift Status" tab it will show those lifts as closed, but you don't get the details that you get in the app on why.

I think they update the app more than the website.

cdskier

The APP is an automatic feed from our dispatcher so it will be the most current.

Any way to get that "Important Information" section that shows on the top of the Conditions page in the app to also show on the website on the snow report? I still find myself looking at the website far more than the app even from my iPhone (I prefer the way the trails are sorted on the website vs the way they're sorted on the app on the trail report).

Hawk

My god. Another crappy weather weekend. Cold R*#n, freezing R*#n, WTF!!!! When are we gong to get sunny and 50's and 60's???? I may do something that I have never done. I might stay down south and go for a long bike road ride. Its going to be 60's and sunny down here.

WWF-VT

My god. Another crappy weather weekend. Cold R*#n, freezing R*#n, WTF!!!! When are we gong to get sunny and 50's and 60's???? I may do something that I have never done. I might stay down south and go for a long bike road ride. Its going to be 60's and sunny down here.

Does look like it's gonna suck for weather this weekend, meanwhile today it's sunny and "natural snow corduroy on Castlerock Run and Troll Rd"

Hawk

Perhaps but temps are going to stay in the lower 30's and cloud up this afternoon. This is not my idea of a good spring set up. At the first sign of warmer temps I am blowing off work to do some good spring skiing.

slatham

Go south to SOVT- last weekend 6-8" powder, this weekend (Saturday at least) party sunny and warm enough (though you have to watch timing of front sinking south).

mikec142

I'd actually love to take a couple of runs on some Castlerock corduroy. How often do they groom trails on Castlerock? Can't be more than a couple of times per year.

cdskier

I'd actually love to take a couple of runs on some Castlerock corduroy. How often do they groom trails on Castlerock? Can't be more than a couple of times per year.

This is the first time all year that CR was groomed that I can recall. I was just thinking to myself the other day that this could be a year where it never gets groomed at all.

WWF-VT

Maybe once a year or every other year. I skied a groomed Middle Earth a few years ago and it was a fun blue square rather than a black diamond trail when groomed.

mikec142

When the snow is good, Castlerock Run is my favorite trail on the mountain but when the snow is bad, I stay away. Rock hard bumps don't do it for me. My question would be, without grooming, how do those rock hard moguls mellow out in the winter?

HowieT2

When the snow is good, Castlerock Run is my favorite trail on the mountain but when the snow is bad, I stay away. Rock hard bumps don't do it for me. My question would be, without grooming, how do those rock hard moguls mellow out in the winter?

They dont. love when they groom CR. My wife will even ski it after its groomed.

cdskier

I just got around to reading the latest Win's Word posted last Friday. I couldn't help but laugh as I saw this:
Winter is still here but Spring skiing is coming back and next weekend we might see temperatures in the 60s!

Just goes to show how wrong the long range forecast has been so often this winter.

flakeydog

Well if it is winter (a good winter), we get new snow to fill them in. In spring, a bit of sublimation in spring knocks them down a bit along with skier traffic on corn snow and slush. Otherwise we just grin and bear it and let our toe nails grow back over the summer...

cdskier

so vt and catskills should be fine Saturday. northern vt looks like a mess.

I wouldn't quite call it a mess...but certainly far from ideal and nowhere near spring.

NWS Burlington said:
Saturday...boundary remains draped across our central cwa with warm air south and cold air north. Timing of individual pieces of energy and placement of best forcing with boundary is nearly impossible. Expect a cloudy/cold day with periods of light mixed precip north and mainly dry south.

WJenness

Was up yesterday.

My first time skiing Lincoln Peak (I had skied Mt. Ellen once about 6/7 years ago)... Had a really good time, even though I was only able to get a few hours in.

Looking forward to putting some extended time in up there next year.

The day sold me on doing the Ikon Base pass for next year.

-w

tumbler

Havent seen an operations update but would think Gatehouse side would close after the weekend and run Bravo, HG and CR.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Havent seen an operations update but would think Gatehouse side would close after the weekend and run Bravo, HG and CR.

From this afternoon's snow report (4/12):

"The Gate House, North Lynx and Castlerock areas will be closing Sunday afternoon for the season, so get your fun runs in these spots soon."

CR runout is experiencing snow shortage with some walking required. The connection curve right by the lift was very narrow and thin yesterday, when I got up there to sample a flattened CR Run.