• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

TSQURD

Yes, switched to disposable cups at the beginning of the season, started charging this past weekend.

Was hoping the gear shop would be selling some sort of reusable/collapsible cup (preferably including a size that would fit into a kids jacket pocket), but they didn't have any.

smac75

Yes, switched to disposable cups at the beginning of the season, started charging this past weekend.

Was hoping the gear shop would be selling some sort of reusable/collapsible cup (preferably including a size that would fit into a kids jacket pocket), but they didn't have any.

My kids were actually using the condiment cups to drink out of. They bring reusable bottles but they are kept up at valley house which isn’t always where they stop for quick breaks. They didn’t realize they could pay for a paper cup.

TSQURD

There is a tall woman that works in the gear shop, that seems very knowledgeable and is super helpful. Had a brief conversation with her when I was in looking for cups. She seemed receptive to the idea of stocking collapsible cups. We shall see.

WinS

We found that the energy used to wash the cups was not very environmentally responsible, and also putting al out of extra work on the kitchen staff, we wanted to use compostable cups but Grow Compost who collect our compostable material does not yet accept them. Hopefully that will change. We have ordered some reusable water ouches that will be very affordable and available for sale soon in the cafeteria. In the meantime, if you have a bottle or ouch please bring it. Thank you.

Slidebrook87

d4acb2d1da20ddfeaaca3fa49267987a.jpg

I guess nobody can complain about it being too warm tomorrow... At least it’s sunny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaybird

Did they get rid of the plastic red cups at the bottle filler?

Tumbler .. in a water discussion ..:thumbup:
They really need a second hydration station.
One is .. well .. it's a bottleneck :lol:
Surface conditions are still 'Steak Sauce' ..
.. as in A-1 .. ha !

MEtoVTSkier

I’ve never really introduced myself on this forum so I might as well do it now. My name’s Teddy and I’ll be turning 14 in 2 weeks. I started skiing at the age of 5, and skied about 5-10 days per year until the 2017/18 season. I started skiing a lot more than I used to at that time and made my first trip to Sugarbush for my birthday. It had always been on my bucket list and the sheer size and varied terrain is what originally drew me to it. Now I ski there quite a bit and have a condo. On the topic of lifts, after a trip to Stratton in 2015, I was amazed at how all the technology worked. I went home and discovered chairlift.org and similar websites. Ever since then I’ve been very into ski lifts and mountain operations. I got to go into the motor room of Super Bravo last spring and on my trip to Big Sky I got the chance to go inside Ramcharger 8’s and Swift Current’s motor rooms. Both are pretty impressive lifts. It’s truly one of the most difficult businesses and it’s quite interesting to see how each mountain has gone about combatting the challenges that come along with it.

Teddy, I have to ask. I did pretty well as a teenager, worked hard and bought myself quite a few toys and whatnot, but I'd like to know where I went wrong. Figured you could let us in on your secret, on how to purchase affordable vacation properties at such a young age?

:lol::lol::lol:

WinS

Tumbler .. in a water discussion ..:thumbup:
They really need a second hydration station.
One is .. well .. it's a bottleneck :lol:
Surface conditions are still 'Steak Sauce' ..
.. as in A-1 .. ha !

There is one downstairs two :-D

mikec142

Teddy, I have to ask. I did pretty well as a teenager, worked hard and bought myself quite a few toys and whatnot, but I'd like to know where I went wrong. Figured you could let us in on your secret, on how to purchase affordable vacation properties at such a young age?

:lol::lol::lol:

Had the same thought. Well played sir!

rocks860

Yeah I barely went outside yesterday let alone skied, just walked to take some garbage out and my beard froze pretty much immediately

1dog

9:52 am and place is deserted -it’s like an alternate universe
b7865c1c-f5e5-41a4-9b07-bac6c6779edf
eaae28a3-99c4-491c-ae17-05a2817882fd

rocks860

Parking lot looked packed when I drove by Lincoln peak on my way out

WinS

Parking lot looked packed when I drove by Lincoln peak on my way out

It was a late starting day. IT was -17 when I drove is around 7am and is now 21 at 2:45. It was a busy non-holiday Saturday. My guess is you will see a very different day tomorrow with the Temps a lot higher at the beginning on the day. Anyone who did come out found some great conditions.