• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

Yup that is also an option. it was discussed. This is all so Fucked up. I can't even understand what is going on. I need another drink.

tumbler

This sucks. Wanted one more day. First time Win overruled on a decision. That’s got to be tough. Fun day to end on.

WinS

I have always tried to be open and honest with all of you. I am still learning the details of what will be happening so until I do I will not be posting. Hope you understand.

cdskier

Yup that is also an option. it was discussed. This is all so Fucked up. I can't even understand what is going on. I need another drink.

I legitimately don’t understand the logic in the timing of this. Would staying open until the end of Sunday really made a difference? I just poured myself another glass of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

teleo

I have always tried to be open and honest with all of you. I am still learning the details of what will be happening so until I do I will not be posting. Hope you understand.
Welcome to corporate life. Sympathies.
We all hope you survive it and stick with it. Crazy times.

Dickc

Three Words. Mad River Glen.

While riding single might be safe, consider the lifty that has to bump the chair. All it will take is one sick individual that breaths his (or her) way to make that employee ill. The only safe chairs would be HS Quads with the center two gates closed so only two skiers load, and load on the outside of the chair. No bubbles, no gondolas.

Dickc

I am impressed you actually took time out of what must be a real busy time for you to post. I FULLY understand why you cannot comment. Stay safe and healthy Win.

Hawk

Yup it was Tumbler. Skied all day. Then I sat in Win;s new chairs on the plaza and drank several Fiddleheads and talk to all kinds of people. After that was the infamous Bob Father car bomb party for St paddys day.
Kind of fitting that between Friday the 13th and the Ides of March on Sunday the ski season ended.

Hawk

I will throw this out there. Tomorrow many of us are thinking that we will skin up to Allyns tomorrow and have a drink in honor or memory of this season. One last hurrah. Not sure of timing yet.

Orca

Really hard not to be cynical about this: get out of jail free card for the ski operators. Cut bait after the most profitable part of the season passes, especially so in a bad snow year. Expenses go to zero. Everyone with any advanced purchase skiing, including pass holders feeling ripped off. Not likely to catch CoV on the slopes, and it might be a good medicine for housebound claustrophobia. Closing the lodges, but keeping the lifts running is actually biologically sensible if you're not simply greedy and motivated by the bottom line. Bullshit. Alterra and Vail and the losers making the decisions will not soon live down the loss of trust. The fuckers. F U Rusty. You suck.

Slidebrook87

Really hard not to be cynical about this: get out of jail free card for the ski operators. Cut bait after the most profitable part of the season passes, especially so in a bad snow year. Expenses go to zero. Everyone with any advanced purchase skiing, including pass holders feeling ripped off. Not likely to catch CoV on the slopes, and it might be a good medicine for housebound claustrophobia. Closing the lodges, but keeping the lifts running is actually biologically sensible if you're not simply greedy and motivated by the bottom line. Bullshit. Alterra and Vail and the losers making the decisions will not soon live down the loss of trust. The fuckers. F U Rusty. You suck.

Skiing unless it is at a place like Mountain Creek which is near an area with many cases generally is very safe. I totally agree with you on this. I was excited about the acquisition but now, not so much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KustyTheKlown

Skiing unless it is at a place like Mountain Creek which is near an area with many cases generally is very safe. I totally agree with you on this. I was excited about the acquisition but now, not so much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a fucking idiot.

Orca

Rusty: "One of our ethics is this idea of being brutally honest and transparent, and hold me to that"

Call Rusty's cell phone 760 914 0333.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Or the people in charge realize that there is potentially going to be a severe restriction in the movement of people in this country real soon and it's prudent to preserve whatever cash reserves they have to survive for hopefully a better season next year.

You can spin the lifts and tell people to bag lunch at their cars and piss in the woods. Those same people are still moving about from other states to get to the mountain; stopping for gas and coffee on the way to the hill and potentially infecting others.

The US government is going to want our citizens to pause almost all travel and avoid contact with others for the near future. That's what is happening every where else in the world. Not sure why folks think it won't happen here.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Orca

That is the cell phone he gave out at the Sugarbush event when Alterra was introduced. It is valid, unless he was just being deceitful then too.

Orca

Or the people in charge realize that there is potentially going to be a severe restriction in the movement of people in this country real soon and it's prudent to preserve whatever cash reserves they have to survive for hopefully a better season next year.

You can spin the lifts and tell people to bag lunch at their cars and piss in the woods. Those same people are still moving about from other states to get to the mountain; stopping for gas and coffee on the way to the hill and potentially infecting others.

The US government is going to want our citizens to pause almost all travel and avoid contact with others for the near future. That's what is happening every where else in the world. Not sure why folks think it won't happen here.
[/URL]

Skiing is an outdoor activity. Fundamentally they can continue, but choose not to, sucka. You are a fool if you think it's based on virtue. It's based on dollars, and you pre-payers just got f**ed.

Orca

Win, my quad pack going to be good next year? Ha! If you're a man you'd say yes.