• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

smac75

The data I'm seeing online must just be off re: my $1k/mo comment

https://sugarbushrealestate.com/listing/4841776/161-mountainside-drive-warren-vt-05674/ - $1,431
https://sugarbushrealestate.com/listing/4825973/251-mountainside-drive-warren-vt-05674/ - $1,571

Can't imagine these are the right numbers for those Mountainside Condos -- unless the number is for the full year?

Maybe that's it since it's $421 for this larger more updated unit at North Lynx which is inline w/ the numbers Hawk and cdskier mentioned: https://sugarbushrealestate.com/listing/4815555/43-hobbit-hill-warren-vt-05674/

But then again $755 for a 1BR at Christmas Tree seems high even if you're getting unlimited firewood and utilities covered: https://sugarbushrealestate.com/listing/4837775/18-christmas-tree-road-warren-vt-05674/
I was told by SB realty that it's usually presented as quarterly fees.

SkiTheEast

I'm in the Summit. Fee is $350/month. As previously mentioned the fees at the various complexes are all over the place depending on the amenities. We're pretty bare bones...snow removal, trash and firewood. One thing to keep in mind is if you are in the village dont forget the extra ~$100/mth paid to the Mountain Utility company for water and roads.

Whoops - just noticed ducky mentioned the water/sewer charges above

JimG.

Staff member
Mine is just under $300/mo at North Lynx...but it varies a lot depending on the size of your unit. I believe mine is on the lower end at North Lynx. We're an older complex, and sometimes do have special assessments if any big repair/maintenance items come up.

On another note, I just bit the bullet this morning and called Waitsfield Telecom to have them install Internet in my condo so I can work remotely this winter. My plan is to come up sometime in early January after quarantining after the holidays.
That's a smart move.

cdskier

That's a smart move.
Yea...I really don't see a way to follow the rules otherwise unless I only want to ski once in a while. I'm sure there are some people still doing the "come up every weekend" thing and ignoring the rules, but I can't in good conscience do that. That just isn't me. And maybe I'll be able to get out at least a few hours here and there mid-week as well (i.e. take a break in the afternoon when I tend to have fewer meetings and then finish up work in the evening). And if there's a mid-week storm, I could always just use a vacation day at work and ski since I'll already be there.

It is weird though that my first day out on the slopes won't be until sometime in January.

Hawk

Montainside it absurdly high and a bad example because of the fire. A whole building burnt down with many units and then a lengthy ugly court battle ensued. They have a huge assessment going on. Like I said, we found that the average Monthly HOA costs are around $400. We looked at North Linx, Summit, Castlerock, Trailside 2, Trailside 10, Unihab, Village Run, Paradise, Clarieire , Glades, Mountain Side, Rowe Houses, Fiddle head, Bridges, Snow Creek and South Village,

mrvpilgrim

Christmas Tree one bedroom fees are just under $300 per month
Landscaping, Plowing , Trash ,Building Maintenance, and Hot water is included as there is a central boiler for all units
No tv or firewood

CastlerockMRV

Mountain skied well today w/ the warmer temps. Surprisingly, Spillsville is still going quite strong if you pick the right line, also the water bars on Lower Snowball are quite fun to pop around on.

Get out there if you can - looks like we're in for another reset just in time for Christmas...

Hawk

It's Christmas Castlerock! What would Christmas and New Years be without a little R#@* at Sugarbush. LOL
My first year at sugarbush we rented at Village Run in the upper units. It poured rain and the roof leaked. My first Christmas experience at sugarbush was collecting water drops in pans. I remember that ping, ping, ping of drops so clearly.

CastlerockMRV

What would Christmas and New Years be without a little R#@* at Sugarbush. LOL
My first year at sugarbush we rented at Village Run in the upper units. It poured rain and the roof leaked. My first Christmas experience at sugarbush was collecting water drops in pans. I remember that ping, ping, ping of drops so clearly.

I suppose this year's proverbial Christmas fruitcake is that gift of this thaw is it wont actually have any base to murder.

I just took a look at the Mansfield snow stake depths for this time of year. My unscientific analysis: Glass half-empty I'm looking hatefully at the 2015-16 chart as Corona's final FU. Glass half-full I'm telling everyone this looks just like it did winters of '11-12 and '12-13 and to keep those cups full. https://matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

(Everyone, this is your excuse to have an extra beer or 3 tonight.)

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is Negative Arctic Oscillation

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
IIRC there was a year within the past 10 when there was not a rain day during the holiday break. But instead, maybe even just as bad (from a management standpoint),, there was arctic cold and wind so the place was empty. One day the wind was so bad all lifts at LP were shut down. Not what you want to see or happen during a holiday week.

slatham

I suppose this year's proverbial Christmas fruitcake is that gift of this thaw is it wont actually have any base to murder.

I just took a look at the Mansfield snow stake depths for this time of year. My unscientific analysis: Glass half-empty I'm looking hatefully at the 2015-16 chart as Corona's final FU. Glass half-full I'm telling everyone this looks just like it did winters of '11-12 and '12-13 and to keep those cups full. https://matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

(Everyone, this is your excuse to have an extra beer or 3 tonight.)

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is Negative Arctic Oscillation
Models have -NAO and a -AO and a +PNA from post grinch storm until sometime in Jan. Not a guarantee but it puts the odds for snow and cold in our favor.

Dickc

IIRC there was a year within the past 10 when there was not a rain day during the holiday break. But instead, maybe even just as bad (from a management standpoint),, there was arctic cold and wind so the place was empty. One day the wind was so bad all lifts at LP were shut down. Not what you want to see or happen during a holiday week.
I think that was 18-19. I do remember it was either 16-17, or 17-18 and we had a HUUUUGE dumpo two days after Christmas and the crowds were the WORST I have ever seen in the modern slki resort times. Sunday River traffic was backed up all the way out to Route 2.

CastlerockMRV

The MLK Weekend storm from 2019 was pretty nuts crowds-wise too. I think that was the one that caused a 3hr backup on the Stowe Mtn road and ppl were literally ditching their cars and skinning up to the resort. I chose to ski North that day to try avoid crowds somewhat and was still like the 25th chair despite getting in line at like 7:00am

HowieT2

Yea...I really don't see a way to follow the rules otherwise unless I only want to ski once in a while. I'm sure there are some people still doing the "come up every weekend" thing and ignoring the rules, but I can't in good conscience do that. That just isn't me. And maybe I'll be able to get out at least a few hours here and there mid-week as well (i.e. take a break in the afternoon when I tend to have fewer meetings and then finish up work in the evening). And if there's a mid-week storm, I could always just use a vacation day at work and ski since I'll already be there.

It is weird though that my first day out on the slopes won't be until sometime in January.
That’s what I’m doing. Up here until mid January or so depending on the snow. For me though, I’m going to try and ski a couple hours early and then sit down to work.

cdskier

That’s what I’m doing. Up here until mid January or so depending on the snow. For me though, I’m going to try and ski a couple hours early and then sit down to work.

I'd love to do that...but most of my meetings tend to be in the morning since that's when the US and European work days overlap.

HowieT2

I think it was 2017. it was freezing after Xmas but we had a good base going into the holiday. Temps and winds kept the crowds at bay. Pic from 12/27/17 somewhere in castlerock woods.

Attachments

• D1E63BF6-827D-4143-9EA6-998F39148CF8.jpeg
    D1E63BF6-827D-4143-9EA6-998F39148CF8.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 6

Slidebrook87

I think that was 18-19. I do remember it was either 16-17, or 17-18 and we had a HUUUUGE dumpo two days after Christmas and the crowds were the WORST I have ever seen in the modern slki resort times. Sunday River traffic was backed up all the way out to Route 2.
I believe it was at the end of 2017. There was some bullshit name for it like a “bomb cyclone” or something. Further south it remained under freezing for a week or more IIRC which is almost unheard of.

Blurski

I witnessed something at Sugarbush today that I cannot recall seeing in the past. Snow guns blazing when a major R event is in the forecast. Much more aggressive.
On the flip side they kept the gun pow run closed to skiing.