• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

I give Sugarbush a lot of credit with their COVID protocols. Lift lines are well setup, spaced, and managed. Mask compliance was quite high and staff in the lift lines gave gentle reminders to people that didn't have them on properly and no one argued or pushed back. I really don't even feel like it was that crowded. The lines at some points may have looked long, but they moved pretty fast (I stuck mainly to SB and HG with a couple VH thrown in, so can't comment on GH or anything at ME).

And conditions were fantastic this weekend. There's a lot of stuff I would have loved to have skied, but my legs could only take so much with this being my first days of the season.

Powder Whore

I give Sugarbush a lot of credit with their COVID protocols. Lift lines are well setup, spaced, and managed. Mask compliance was quite high and staff in the lift lines gave gentle reminders to people that didn't have them on properly and no one argued or pushed back. I really don't even feel like it was that crowded. The lines at some points may have looked long, but they moved pretty fast (I stuck mainly to SB and HG with a couple VH thrown in, so can't comment on GH or anything at ME).

And conditions were fantastic this weekend. There's a lot of stuff I would have loved to have skied, but my legs could only take so much with this being my first days of the season.
It only got better today. The new snow on top is very dry.

bumpcrasher

Does anyone know if all of Inverness will remain closed to the public during the week? I know GMVS always reserved Inverness (the trail) and 4 seasons ago also took Brambles. Yet now, Walts and Semi-Tough have both been off-limits during the week and yesterday. These trail closures are new this season yet any info is appreciated as Mt Ellen skis so much larger with access to that area.

Powder Whore

I considered today part of the weekend. :thumbup:
Gotcha, Enjoy.

Does anyone know if all of Inverness will remain closed to the public during the week? I know GMVS always reserved Inverness (the trail) and 4 seasons ago also took Brambles. Yet now, Walts and Semi-Tough have both been off-limits during the week and yesterday. These trail closures are new this season yet any info is appreciated as Mt Ellen skis so much larger with access to that area.
Both Brambles & Inverness have been open.

Hawk

tumbler

They are closed again today. Very annoying, they do not interfere with GMVS racing. My hunch it is a patrol staffing issue. Close those trails and patrol only needed if a GMVS racer gets injured.

cdskier

Looks like you guys walked up to the Unihab parking lot above the Village Run Condos. I only know that because I used to rent one of the units in the picture. ;-)

Isn't Unihab the complex above North Lynx? "Next door" to me is one of the Village Run phases I could have sworn. I was actually a little further back with my camera setup right before the little footbridge/walkway from the North Lynx property to that parking lot though.

Powder Whore

I spoke with a " friend" who may have skied them both yesterday. He said there is still several water bars that are not filled in. There was also hoses stretched across the runout for these trails.

Last edited:

Hawk

Isn't Unihab the complex above North Lynx? "Next door" to me is one of the Village Run phases I could have sworn. I was actually a little further back with my camera setup right before the little footbridge/walkway from the North Lynx property to that parking lot though.
OK so that is the lower Village Run units and you are in one of the North Linx next to it. My bad. I am right around the corner from there also. Nice pics. I guess the fog rolled in shortly after.

cdskier

OK so that is the lower Village Run units and you are in one of the North Linx next to it. My bad. I am right around the corner from there also. Nice pics. I guess the fog rolled in shortly after.
Thanks. Couldn't see much of the last few minutes of the show other than some colored flashes for the most part. Wasn't sure if it was fog/clouds or smoke from the fireworks. I know the best fireworks shots are typically early on before the sky gets filled with too much smoke anyway.

cdskier

Did you guys hear the fireworks on Village Run before the mountains fireworks?

Yes, I did. That's actually what reminded me there were fireworks by the mountain that night and to get my camera ready (and double-check what time they were). I didn't know where those earlier ones were coming from though.

witchway

I completely agree, additionally I think the behavior of the skiers deserves complements as well. On Saturday when Bravo went down, and with Heavens Gate on wind hold the Valley House line stretched out and made a couple of S turns however everyone I saw acted respectfully and with consideration to everyone else.

Slidebrook87

Anyone else find it kinda strange Castlerock isn't spinning yet? There's plenty of base....not like it'd get chewed up in three days if they ran the lift....
I do too. Slide Brook is spinning this weekend but no word on Castlerock yet that I know of.

KustyTheKlown

perhaps intentionally keeping it closed to avoid bad covid practices? theres hardly any physical area for the lift-line, and the chair only takes 2 people every 15-20 seconds or so. just seems hard to maintain the policy over there.

cdskier

I really don't find it all that strange...natural trails just barely finished opening. And the terrain is accessible...so I'm really not overly concerned about the CR lift not running.