• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Hawk

Jay I like the new avitar. It reminds me of what I looked like after following the boys down that trail from the top of Perry Hill Waterbury. LOL

JEEPSKIBUM

Is there good cell service down at Slide Brook Rd/German Flats? Thinking I could call for a pickup after a Slide Brook run. If I end up elsewhere on German Flats Rd, could I make the call to get picked up?

cdskier

Is there good cell service down at Slide Brook Rd/German Flats? Thinking I could call for a pickup after a Slide Brook run. If I end up elsewhere on German Flats Rd, could I make the call to get picked up?
I would not count on it. Not sure which carriers work done there. spotty at best.

I can say that Verizon works along nearly the entire length of German Flats Rd itself. I was on the phone with my dad as I was driving back to my condo from town last week and maybe I lost him for a couple seconds once on the Warren side of German Flats closer to the SB Access Rd. I was a bit surprised honestly. I was expecting the call to drop.

WinS

I can say that Verizon works along nearly the entire length of German Flats Rd itself. I was on the phone with my dad as I was driving back to my condo from town last week and maybe I lost him for a couple seconds once on the Warren side of German Flats closer to the SB Access Rd. I was a bit surprised honestly. I was expecting the call to drop.
Verizon and AT&T should work fine. Sprint not so. AT&T and Verizon are on the same tower above Village Run. I have AT&T and have always been connected the entirety of German Flat’s. The dead zones I find in the Valley are in Warren Village, between Citgo and Kingsbury road on 100 and between Mad River Barn and Mad River Glen on 17.

WinS

Last 2 days, easily top 10 of all time at SB over 25 years of skiing here. Untracked, knee deep lines in Race Course Woods. Morning Star just perfect. Paradise Woods best ever. Christmas Tree, Eagan's excellent. Amazing what it's like without a January thaw
Moving Zoom meetings around to get more tomorrow.
I was wondering who got into Racer’s Edge Woods. It is often overlooked and I have had a couple of first tracks in there the past couple of weeks.

kingslug

Worth every penny we spent on day tix rather than stand on lines at Stowe. It was even snowing a little today..Thats like 7 days in a row so far. Still great turns at Castle rock, spillsville, Eden, ...guess I passed Racers edge woods though. Yesterday was a top 5 for the season.. Getting a pass for next season for sure. Liking it better than Stowe for sure.

cdskier

Verizon and AT&T should work fine. Sprint not so. AT&T and Verizon are on the same tower above Village Run. I have AT&T and have always been connected the entirety of German Flat’s. The dead zones I find in the Valley are in Warren Village, between Citgo and Kingsbury road on 100 and between Mad River Barn and Mad River Glen on 17.
That's interesting that AT&T and Verizon are on the same tower above Village Run. AT&T at my condo is absolutely terrible, especially with trying to load anything data related (my work phone is AT&T, personal is Verizon).

cdskier

Worth every penny we spent on day tix rather than stand on lines at Stowe. It was even snowing a little today..Thats like 7 days in a row so far. Still great turns at Castle rock, spillsville, Eden, ...guess I passed Racers edge woods though. Yesterday was a top 5 for the season.. Getting a pass for next season for sure. Liking it better than Stowe for sure.

Wow...does Stowe still have lines even mid-week? Awesome that you like SB so much though.

Shredmonkey254

Wait until you see how little traffic we have in town and how laid back the area is compared to Stowe. There may not be as many dining/shopping options, but who cares, we can still get around easily and with the goods at Meuhurons, I'd rather cook! and then there is Slidebrook... maybe not the gnar of the notch, but finding endless amounts of powder to cruise seals the deal. You'll be selling your condo in no time! The mountain biking is pretty good around here too!

kingslug

No lines? I was there saturday Sunday Monday...quad isn't too bad 10 to 12 minutes..on a monday. The gondi is almost 20 minutes due to limited loading. I never waited on any line at SB Tues,wed, and today. Driving to SB I passed hundreds of cars heading to Stowe. And yesterday was a legitimate powder day...empty.

cdskier

Wait until you see how little traffic we have in town and how laid back the area is compared to Stowe. There may not be as many dining/shopping options, but who cares, we can still get around easily and with the goods at Meuhurons, I'd rather cook! and then there is Slidebrook... maybe not the gnar of the notch, but finding endless amounts of powder to cruise seals the deal. You'll be selling your condo in no time! The mountain biking is pretty good around here too!

There may not be as many dining options, but we do have some damn good (and creative/different) ones. Peasant, Fit 2 Be Thai'd, Mad River Barn, Tucker Hill Inn, American Flatbread, Mad Taco, Stoke Ramen.

Although I do enjoy cooking as well and Mehurons is a great market.

kingslug

9Am... at the BushSugarbush 1.jpg
Saturday,Sunday and Monday the 730 chair at Stowe had at least 50 people waiting. People want to ski...its a good thing in the end. Conditions are primo all over..who wouldn't want to.

WinS

That's interesting that AT&T and Verizon are on the same tower above Village Run. AT&T at my condo is absolutely terrible, especially with trying to load anything data related (my work phone is AT&T, personal is Verizon).
That’s interesting. I often use AT&T instead of my wireless at home in East Warren for email and searches. Posting that way now from my Ipad.

cdskier

That’s interesting. I often use AT&T instead of my wireless at home in East Warren for email and searches. Posting that way now from my Ipad.
Works fine other spots in the valley (including anywhere on the mountain itself), but around my condo and even in Sugarbush Village at places like Mutha Stuffers it is so painfully slow that at times you can't even refresh the Sugarbush App or website (or it takes several minutes or multiple retries to load). Very strange. No such issues with my Verizon phone though.

hovercraft

9Am... at the BushView attachment 50345
Saturday,Sunday and Monday the 730 chair at Stowe had at least 50 people waiting. People want to ski...its a good thing in the end. Conditions are primo all over..who wouldn't want to.
When I said this week I wasn’t thinking of Saturday as I don’t go on Saturday’s. Sunday the line wasn’t more then 5 minutes and Monday-Today there was maybe a 2 minute wait at times. I also wouldn’t consider 50 people waiting for the 7:30 chair much of a line. Anyway like you said the Conditions are stellar.

kingslug

Last season on the weekends i woukd get there around 715..empty..maybe 10 people at first on line..around 9 it would start to get busy..this season has changed it..have to see what happens next season.
Windchills 35 below at the top today...hmmm