• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

HowieT2

North lynx open on the lift status. That’s a good sign.
I didn’t ski, bit I hear the 2” skied nicely today.

teleo

If they fix it, there goes the skinning oppty. Not sure which I like better. 🤔

teleo

while we're on NL, those lifties have been killing it on the grill this year. Kudos to them.

WinS

North lynx open on the lift status. That’s a good sign.
I didn’t ski, bit I hear the 2” skied nicely today.
First tracks after patrol on Ripcord. Could not see a thing, but knowing Dan P winched it last night, I trusted the terrain and the 1” made is sweet.

Powder Whore

2” of mank never skied so good! Wow it was great to feel fresh snow under my feet again. The bumps off of gmx skied the best IMO.

cdskier

Headed out now after work commitments. So psyched.
Hah...I think I left my condo right around the same time you posted this.

Here's my take...Gate House side was softening up fairly nicely. Up off Heaven's Gate was decent. Valley House side was an ice skating rink (going to guess those trails hadn't fully drained and setup by the time they groomed them).

WinS

The
Hah...I think I left my condo right around the same time you posted this.

Here's my take...Gate House side was softening up fairly nicely. Up off Heaven's Gate was decent. Valley House side was an ice skating rink (going to guess those trails hadn't fully drained and setup by the time they groomed them).
Bravo side is the evening groom and Spring Fling is usually first to get groomed, so it has the longest time to set up. Also a NW wind can buff it out as happened Thursday night. GH is last groomed and gets the best morning sun, so it will almost always be softer after as warm up cool down. That’s where I am headed at 9am on Saturday.

cdskier

If it wasn't for the runout, I'd be lapping Lower FIS today. The spring bumps there were soft and fun. ROTD for me...

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Hey all, hope its Ok to post this here, if not my apologies.

I have a quad pack for sugarbush for sale. Its good now thru whenever they close. Its a leftover bought pre pandemic. I've been holding onto them hoping the travel restrictions to VT would change, but looks like thats not gonna happen.

I cannot go as I cannot meet the quarantine restrictions. Im bummed, but that means I'll go twice as much next year.

Its 4 live all mountain tickets, assign a day on-line, show up, and ski, they are RFID cards.

I hope someone can put these to good use.

Given Sugarbush's prices these days these are a sweet deal.

I am in southern NH and have paypal, if you are reasonably close I can deliver. if interested, IM me and I will respond.

Thanks!

WinS

I am sure SB would prefer to have some one buy them from you and and buy at least a beer and slice of pizza than having them go to waist. Hopefully there are 37 more days of lift accessed skiing left to enjoy.

ericfromMA/NH/VT

I am sure SB would prefer to have some one buy them from you and and buy at least a beer and slice of pizza than having them go to waist. Hopefully there are 37 more days of lift accessed skiing left to enjoy.
Thanks Win, hope all is well.

What's the 37 days mean BTW? thx!

jaybird

Castlerocks showing .. but we aired it out a few times,
Still only a few takers on Steins .. wont be long now.

💥

cdskier

Castlerocks showing .. but we aired it out a few times,
Still only a few takers on Steins .. wont be long now.

💥

Looks like the Rock might be done :cry:

Also sad that it is ME's last weekend coming up already.

Interesting memories for today on my Facebook that show how amazingly different every year is. 2 years ago we were skiing a 20-30" dump today. 9 years ago we were uploading/downloading on GMX at ME just so we could ski a few very thin trails off the summit lift... (that was a pretty sad first year of condo ownership up here for me!)

mikec142

Can someone post a representative picture of Castlerock? I haven't been up in a while...combination of so-so conditions, responsibilities at home, and an upcoming trip to Colorado have gotten in the way. Would love to get up for a weekend in April, but not even sure if I see that happening.

Slidebrook87

Can someone post a representative picture of Castlerock? I haven't been up in a while...combination of so-so conditions, responsibilities at home, and an upcoming trip to Colorado have gotten in the way. Would love to get up for a weekend in April, but not even sure if I see that happening.
These are not mine, but 2 photos of Middleearth and CR Run on Sunday.

Attachments

• 866F5DC3-3B24-4DA8-B349-A620F2104958.jpeg
    866F5DC3-3B24-4DA8-B349-A620F2104958.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 95AE3ED2-6A47-43D0-AFA7-9C67307ED8C5.jpeg
    95AE3ED2-6A47-43D0-AFA7-9C67307ED8C5.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 33