• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

i always ski with headphones on, so i'm functionally deaf.

i was taking my skis off to walk thru to the sunrise bumps, and these two dudes on skis behind me i'm pretty sure said something rude to me about being in their way. they then proceeded to try to ski over the mud pit. and i just casually walked thru and passed them and put my skis back on on the other side.

I did see several people ski through the mud instead of take their skis off and walk. I like my skis a little too much to take that chance.

skiur

I did see several people ski through the mud instead of take their skis off and walk. I like my skis a little too much to take that chance.

Skis I care about don't get used in april, may or October. Mud/grass skiing is great, just lean back and don't try and turn.

KustyTheKlown

Skis I care about don't get used in april, may or October. Mud/grass skiing is great, just lean back and don't try and turn.

ya but this wasnt skiing. it was a totally flat soaking wet mud pit that you needed to walk thru/around to access a trail. it was a downright silly thing to trudge thru in your skis.

STREETSKIER

it’s still open people were going over ther more than birch they left that wonderful groomed flat corn untouched
Everything got soft glades, birdland , rip
Repeat again tomorrow

WinS

They've definitely done a great job there. I'm glad they've been able to keep the North Lynx area open this long. The Sunrise bumps were a lot of fun this weekend.
Still open Tuesday. Another nice job last night. Not sure it can last another day though, but if the path can be put together again Birch will be a place to be at10am. Then up to Ripcord.

HowieT2

Anyone with any visibility into mountian bike trail conditions? Looks like theutre all closed on trail forks.

Castlerockrisk

I was riding this morning on roads, the dirt roads are getting firmer but most if not all single track trails will need a few more weeks to firm up. Its important not to trench out the trails.
There are great gravel and secondary road rides with great views to enjoy. Great time of year to ride and ski on same day.

I am hoping that the Golf Course will open before the late May scheduled opening if conditions permit.

HowieT2

I was riding this morning on roads, the dirt roads are getting firmer but most if not all single track trails will need a few more weeks to firm up. Its important not to trench out the trails.
There are great gravel and secondary road rides with great views to enjoy. Great time of year to ride and ski on same day.

I am hoping that the Golf Course will open before the late May scheduled opening if conditions permit.
trails are open for biking at Stowe already. Its been really dry.

WWF-VT

Sunny and warm weekend was fun but took a toll on open terrain. My guess is that it's down to Steins and Coffee Run by next weekend if not sooner.

cdskier

Sunny and warm weekend was fun but took a toll on open terrain. My guess is that it's down to Steins and Coffee Run by next weekend if not sooner.

I'm fearing that as well. Spring Fling itself has good cover, but Snowball will require serious work from the groomers to keep patched together. Snow seemed to be visibly melting every run this weekend. Loved the effort and dedication from patrol with shoveling snow this weekend to keep things open and skiable though.

Hawk

Down spout will be cooked so Heavens gate is out probably in the next day or two if not today unless they do some serious snow farming. Same for Snowball. I think they could manage to work some magic but I think it is only a day or two at most. Especially if it rains.

I will agree that it will most likely be Steins for the remainder. Tons of snow there. It will probably last 2 maybe 3 weeks if they choose unless we get really warm and wet weather.

flakeydog

Also agree- I am usually pretty optimistic but I was was there on saturday (missed sunday) and Ripcord --> RIP, Organgrinder looked good but was much thinner than it looked from afar, Downspout was not doing well either. Spring Fling was well covered but Snowball will be a challenge, though I have been surprised in many years how they manage to patch that trail together. So HG definitely not in play for next weekend, question is if/when we are just down to Steins.

cdskier

To give a little visual representation of how quickly things are changing...here's a shot of Ripcord from roughly the same spot from both Friday afternoon and then Sunday morning (apparently I didn't take a photo on Saturday of Ripcord):
Ripcord.jpg