• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mrvpilgrim

Steins got a grooming last night
what a difference from yesterday
my five year old grandson took his first run on steins this morning
next year paradise
snowball patched between twist and moonshine the rest still in good shape
spring fling still side to side coverage
lower snow ball some hunting and pecking but still ski able
Lines were minimal this morning

cdskier

Line at the valley house appeared long in the morning, but it really was that it was single spaced into a double corral. Dissipated for the most part by noon.

Yea...even when it was all the way up the hill to the "Slow" sign it still was only a 5 minute line or so yesterday. Of course if someone saw it from a webcam they could easily say it "looked long".

Virtually ski on most of the morning today. Longest line was about 1-2 minutes at a couple points. Steins is starting to get some nice soft corn bumps on it now. Was going to stop around noon, but I was having too much fun on Steins.

tumbler

Saw ad in SAM for lift maint manager. Not sure what the current structure of the dept is but more turnover bums me out. I thought they really turned it around after having a bad year with lift shutdowns a few years ago. Hopefully they keep consistently spinning.

cdskier

Where are you guys getting that map? That's pretty cool.
The one I had was from a recent post on the SugarBlog on SB's website. I searched around a bit for the one CastlerockMRV posted and looks like it came from John Bleh's twitter feed and Sugarbush's twitter feed retweeted it (I don't follow twitter, so never would have found that one on my own).

cdskier

I peak at the https://blog.sugarbush.com/ site once in a while to see if they have any interesting info. Not the same as when we used to have regular "Win's Word" updates there, but still sometimes interesting info (like the Stein's snow-depth one).