The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 519

AlpineZone

Page 519 of 591 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529569 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5902
    So why was the dedicated bus between LP and ME eliminated and replaced with a condo route? Long wait times at Slide Brook b/c bus is full. Now stating on snow report pack extra layers for wait times or skin to base area. The free bus is great but seems like a goof here. Bring back the big blue school buses!

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    So why was the dedicated bus between LP and ME eliminated and replaced with a condo route? Long wait times at Slide Brook b/c bus is full. Now stating on snow report pack extra layers for wait times or skin to base area. The free bus is great but seems like a goof here. Bring back the big blue school buses!
    I agree. I first noticed this earlier in the season (before slidebrook was skiable) when I took the bus from South to North. The bus stopped at 4 different condos before heading over to North. I thought maybe it was just an early season thing,... but I guess it is not.

Here's an opportunity for some local to make a few bucks on the side by shuttling people from Slidebook to the ski area for $5/head Better yet, why doesn't the ski area just run the large bus back an forth like they did in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Getting to condos was an issue over MLK weekend was an issue too. They had a city bus back doing that route sunday.

coming up for sat and sunday. maybe mad river sunday. really hoping the backside of this storm produces. we are committed with a rental house in waterbury with another couple. my girlfriend's best friend and her boyfriend, and their dog. total beginner skiers so as long as its sunny and they have the bunny slope they are fine (yay $49 january learn to ski deals). but i'll be rather bummed if i am limited to the groomers one week after the major dump. i was in CO for the dump. was glad to miss the holiday weekend crowds and brutal monday cold, but always sad to not be in the east when the big snow falls. our rental is directly behind pro pig. beers will be beered.

I know that people stash a car at the base of slide brook...but is there legal parking there?

Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    I know that people stash a car at the base of slide brook...but is there legal parking there?
    I think its legal to park I believe, but you can only fit 2 cars max.

I think parking becomes a problem when the road gets blocked - like it was early sunday. People never cease to amaze me.

Shuttle driver told me they would only be running the big bus on holidays.

Yes the buses have been an issue this year. There are more and more people going into slide brook some totally unprepared and clueless. Putting it on the snow report was the wrong thing to do. The word of mouth method worked way better in my opinion. They are not going to add additional buses so be prepared to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour at mid day.

Also do not plan to park down there. The way it is plowed this year only 2 or 3 cars can park. Also it is an active driveway! do not block the entrance as the residence need to get in and out. I know them and they said that there have been some total jackasses this year blocking them from getting in or out. Please be respectful.

Prettt lame to not update the narrative section of the snow report by 8 am

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    Prettt lame to not update the narrative section of the snow report by 8 am
    Yes, sorry about that. We has a no show so it is getting out now. Still some winds but dying down. Wet soft snow and starting to cool down after noon. It is around 40 base and summit. We hope we get an inch or two before the storm moves on.

Thread Information