• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

machski

Bit sad that the Bush could not get HG up and running with the overhaul when planned. Okemo is making them look really bad now as they are weeks ahead of schedule on the Sunburst 6. They are opening it this Saturday, a brand new lift install, and that is at least 2 weeks+ ahead of their original schedule. Hope this is the last hikkup for Sugarbush this season, still one of my favs outside our home resort.

thetrailboss

Staff member
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1417569098.935879.jpg

I'm wearing my Sugarbush hoodie for you all. As you can see Mount Ellen aka Sugarbush North is, and always will be, near my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gostan

Castlerock is opening today as early Sugarbush ski report claims another 10+ inches last night with much drier snow than the previous heavy wet foot of base building kind. Should be a good but busy weekend. But better today and tomorrow for those who can make it up there.

dmw

It was deep. I stopped / fell as I approached a fallen tree blocking all of Lower Castlerock (big tree, all the way across); had to strap out and was nearly hip deep trudging / crawling under the tree. Awesome run though!

I saw a few sticks and rocks poke thru late in the day, but that's to be expected right? Coverage would have been impressive any time of the season.

Drive home was brutal.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
I was out on Thursday. Didn't make it to the 'Rock as I felt content with all the options open off of Bravo. Lower Birdland and Domino were some of the best runs I've taken on those trails in years. Absolutely near perfect coverage. No waterbars exposed at bottom of Lower Birdland. Most rocks on the ledge covered up.Nice fluffy snow on top of the base. Also did au' natural Upper Birdland, Murphys, Stein's, and Lower Snowball/Racers. Only bad spot I encountered was the waterbars at the bottom of Racer's Edge. Guess we'll need to make some snow there.

Here's a shot of Steins:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-bSJx1zZd6Vg/VIu9ZayOxPI/AAAAAAAAUYY/T-JQBudsRrM/s640/IMG_2298.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 133

steamboat1

Not my pic but first tracks down Middle Earth yesterday.

Awesome

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6815_zpsa5a81e87.jpg
    IMG_6815_zpsa5a81e87.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 255

Tin

For what it's worth both the Snowdon triple & quad at K were down for awhile this afternoon.

Tough but a summit lift on a Saturday just days after 20". Just what the hell. At least you have a lot of other options at K and can always get up to Snowdon and make runs though other lifts or even the poma.

WWF-VT

Reading that Heaven's Gate was down this morning for "maintenance". You can't make this shit up.

The wheels on one of the towers was frozen so it got shut down for a while. I did two laps late in the day on Spillsville and it was the best I have skied it in years

machski

This storm caused lift headaches all over the place. Okemo's new sunburst 6 was down for a while for a couple of days (even with the chair barn!) and Sugarloaf lost the two HSQ's thru part of today as well as skyline due to severe (like 3 inches on the lift!) icing! I know we all love to ski, but heavy wet snow storms and cold weather do a number on mechanical lifts!