• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

JimG.

Staff member

Or planned? Shake the tree for low hanging fruit.
when the moratorium is gone cash in .
My comment about there being no plan refers to the government, not the corporate world.

I get at least 2 calls a week from these companies asking me to sell my house. My response is "I'm not selling my house to you" and hanging up.

Since the end of 2019 the appraisal for my house has increased 20%. I have made no upgrades of any kind in that time period. Insane!

jimmywilson69

My comment about there being no plan refers to the government, not the corporate world.

I get at least 2 calls a week from these companies asking me to sell my house. My response is "I'm not selling my house to you" and hanging up.

Since the end of 2019 the appraisal for my house has increased 20%. I have made no upgrades of any kind in that time period. Insane!
so people are cold calling you to see if you want to sell your house?

what an awful soulless job that must be...

cdskier

flakeydog

you had your chance a few years ago....

https://www.valleyreporter.com/inde.../8435-construction-begins-on-kingsbury-bridge

"The 1929 bridge will be removed next spring and although it has been offered to the public, LaCroix said that he didn’t think there had been any takers. He said that typically the state will offer these aging historic truss bridges to the public and that they are sometimes used for non-vehicular traffic on bike and pedestrian paths.

If no one has a use for the Kingsbury bridge, it will be destroyed after the Agency of Transportation ensures that the bridge is properly photographed and documented for the state historic structures division.
"

But there is still hope, several makes and models available but shipping could be a deal breaker:

https://bridgehunter.com/category/status/available-for-reuse/

jimmywilson69

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

your level of research is appreciated!

Actually there is a a late 1800s truss bridge that just closed about a mile from me. Its on my bike route, I hope they replace it.

nhskier1969

Is anyone having virus issues coming from the skimrv site lately?
I haven't been on the site since it went done several years ago.

djd66

Maybe this will help many of the businesses that are desperately looking for help. Blows me away that there are actually over 10,000 people in VT still collecting when there is 3% unemployment.

BenedictGomez

Maybe this will help many of the businesses that are desperately looking for help. Blows me away that there are actually over 10,000 people in VT still collecting when there is 3% unemployment.

From my recent trip to n.VT, it felt like every door in Chittendon & Franklin County has a "HELP WANTED" sign on it. It was crazy! One gets the sense that if you live in Vermont & dont have a job, there's a good chance it's by choice.