• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

6” on the stake, more to come this afternoon, warm up with rain weds but back end gets snowy, then cold temps into and thru the weekend. we skiing Saturday?
It is going to come down to how cold it gets and whether they can get enough production on Downspout. Right now there's nothing (other than whatever little natural fell) at the base of the HG chair. Can't tell how much more to go there is on Jester either, but I'd assume they've made decent progress there so far and Downspout with the lower elevation is going to be the limiting factor.

cdskier

I just figured out a webcam hack,... it looks like all of the webcams are being hosted on youtube. There are actually 10 of them that I found. If you use this link, you can view all of them: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAOLnxrstEVaTZeWu_jIZWQ Its better than going on the website, as they are not showing all the cams.
Yup...that's how I knew how much (or rather how little) snow there was so far at the base of the HG chair.

slatham

Thanks for the link! Looks pretty up there. Surprised all cams aren't on SB web site?

They will have solid snowmaking temps tonight and Tuesday night all elevations, tomorrow during the day certainly from base of HG on up. It then gets cold again Thursday night and Friday at least up high, and Friday night all elevations. I would have to think, assuming decent base made already on upper OG and Jester, and willingness to download, they could make Saturday.

cdskier

Thanks for the link! Looks pretty up there. Surprised all cams aren't on SB web site?
Some of them were there and then they took them off. I think they're basically going with the way they did things in the past for the lift cams...only showing on the site itself when the lift opens for the season.

(FWIW...even last year all the webcams were technically available and broadcasting on the Internet even though they weren't on the SB website itself...you just had to know the direct links to the streams, which if you grabbed 1 stream url from the website itself, you could guess the others since they were simply sequentially numbered)

Smellytele

KustyTheKlown

snowing pretty decently now. we've hit the time of year where my extra laptop runs webcams all day. snow stake tv is live and on the air.

slatham

From conditions report:

Snowmaking is now underway, weather permitting, with snowmakers first focusing on Jester, Allyn's Traverse, Downspout, and Organgrinder. Opening Day is tentatively scheduled for November 20th, though we will make an announcement later this if we need to postpone. Mother Nature has been doing her part, with 6" of new snow in the last 24 hours.

KustyTheKlown

coming down nice. 8" line now covered.

also a pretty stoke-y Instagram post with a drone shot from today as well as the stake with 8" on it and a message to tune up your gear. digging it.

stake cleared with just under 9"

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

They're blowing down DS to the base of the HG chair currently. Temps are still pretty marginal at the moment below Allyn's though...

nice. heavens gate cam shows a gun 'below' HG blowing, but this may just be building a base in the load area, not on downspout run out

Hawk

When I looked today there was a guy trying to de-ice the chairs. Also last week there were the barrels around the lift they use to load test the lift. All good signs.

KustyTheKlown

When I looked today there was a guy trying to de-ice the chairs. Also last week there were the barrels around the lift they use to load test the lift. All good signs.

yep. heavens gate is moving right now and there are people working. I'm letting my stoke build a bit

KustyTheKlown

i brought all my skis from my parents house when i went to visit a few weeks ago and just realized my boot bag is still there. fuck me. looks like a Thursday night of traffic to long island is in the cards. MOM COME VISIT RIGHT NOW?