• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

I just looked at the webcam for the SB lift line. I took a quick look at 30 minute intervals from 9:30 to now and see someone managing the lanes at every point where I checked... Maybe you were just unlucky a few times when the person had to walk away for a couple minutes for some reason?
Must have been. It’s a zoo up there today. Good for business.

Hawk

The skiing and lines have not been too bad this week. Don't get me wrong it is busy but not a bad as I expected. Ripchord was really good early and the sun came out on the top for a cool inversion type of ski. Between here and Killington I have racked up a ton of runs and I can truely say I have honed my ice skills. I am ready for the snow!

crank

Today featured the longest lines and the best conditions of the week. Started sprinkling sometime in the afternoon and we called it a day though the lines were gone by then and so were my legs.

Kingslug20

Stowe had pretty quick lines...hmm
Havent made it to sb yet..maybe next week..
Are they...blowing more than Fail is..
Going to need to after this rain...
That will probably detrrmine where i spend my time as i have epic and ikon..
Really pissed at Fail though..they are getting worse and worse...

Smellytele

Stowe had pretty quick lines...hmm
Havent made it to sb yet..maybe next week..
Are they...blowing more than Fail is..
Going to need to after this rain...
That will probably detrrmine where i spend my time as i have epic and ikon..
Really pissed at Fail though..they are getting worse and worse...
Even the VT faithful are now starting to see Fail for what they are. When dr Jeff starts bashing them at Mt snow then the end will be reached.

Hawk

Happy New Year all! Headed out for some turns. I need to clear my big fat head. Whoa big night. Cocktails with the condo association peeps, Village Run Pre-fireworks (nice job guys, good size for a homemade display), cocktails at the base and more fireworks fun, cocktails back at the place with family. All good.

Skiing yesterday was soft and nice. Hoping for more today befire the temp change.
Pray for snow!

jaybird

We are quickly running out of wood core skis to burn in our sacrificial powder pyre..
Happy Year of the Tiger !

NYSnowflake

Happy New Year! These soft turns allowed me to take my first runs down Ripcord this AM! A few days ago I said I would be skiing Ripcord by the end of the season… this was sooner than I expected though!

crank

We made it out for the afternoon. No crowds. Everything was skiing well. Hate to see spring conditions, but they were fun to ski. No lines at all. No rain, just mist and fog. Warm. Still like that out now.

MadPadraic

Spectacular conditions this afternoon. The only ice spot was after the lift gates at Super Bravo. Ripcord and Sleeper chute were the best runs. One of the things I really love about how Sugarbush is run is that the lifts actually run till 4 (one was loading until 4:05).

KustyTheKlown

Spectacular conditions this afternoon. The only ice spot was after the lift gates at Super Bravo. Ripcord and Sleeper chute were the best runs. One of the things I really love about how Sugarbush is run is that the lifts actually run till 4 (one was loading until 4:05).

nothing against you personally, but its a huge pet peeve (particularly on skiology facebook fan posts) when people use hyperbolic language to describe conditions. nothing is spectacular right now in the east. nothing. nowhere. 'pretty good all things considered' is like as far as you can reasonably go right now.

sugarbushskier16

Which storm do you speak?
I saw Josh Fox was talking about the possibility of a nor’easter on Friday. Would be the biggest storm so far this season❄️ But how this season is going I’m not getting my hopes up too high but there’s still a possibility

slatham

Definitely potential. Track key of course. Could be coastal where SB too far north for core of it. In the meantime east coast powder skiing tomorrow will be in NC, WV and VA.