The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 564

AlpineZone

Page 564 of 702 FirstFirst ... 64464514554562563564565566574614664 ... LastLast
Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 7018
    That is a bummer. If there is enough snow up top, just make valley house traverse go up. Nice little skin with very little vertical.

So this is all speculation until Win goes on the record. Unless the snow is gone, why would no not run Bravo on the weekend so we can ski HG. Schedule the maintenance one week later. I bet the dam thing is broken.

He sort of already did in case you missed his blog post from 4-18 at https://www.sugarbush.com/blog/wins-...ng-the-people/

Since we need to begin summer maintenance on Bravo, next week we will move over to the Valley House Quad and if conditions still allow we will keep Heaven’s Gate spinning with access via Reverse Traverse and Heaven’s Gate Traverse. Unless the rain does more damage that we expect, this should be possible, hopefully with skiing still available on Downspout. We will plan to run these lifts every day if possible right through Sunday, April 28th and then reopen Valley House for the next weekend and our grand finale with both skiing and golf along with some fun après.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So this is all speculation until Win goes on the record. Unless the snow is gone, why would no not run Bravo on the weekend so we can ski HG. Schedule the maintenance one week later. I bet the dam thing is broken.
    Not speculation at all. It was actually even longer ago than I thought that Win shared the plan here on this forum...Here's what he said right here back on March 29:

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    We are planning to stay open everyday through 4/28 and then reopen for a final Cinco de Mayo weekend. Terrain and lifts will be scaling down after 4/14. If the snow holds we will likely run Bravo, Heaven's Gate and Castlerock through the 21st. After that we will need to begin summer maintenance on Bravo and will go to Valley House. If the terrain holds up we will keep HG and CR going with access across Reverse Traverse. Given the depth on Stein's, Coffee Run, Upper Snowball and Spring Fling those should hold up though 5/5 unless we get some incredible warm days and nights.

And, remember that on Monday, April 1st we go to spring hours. 10am-5pm midweek and 9am to 5pm weekends.

anyone know the status of the biking trails in the valley?
    mad river riders posted last week that they were closed but trailforks says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Not speculation at all. It was actually even longer ago than I thought that Win shared the plan here on this forum...Here's what he said right here back on March 29:
    Yes, That is what I said awhile ago. Summer maintenance takes that long and we have to have it inspected prior to opening for the summer. This is the first time that we have remained opened everyday the final week. We have normally closed and skiied VH the final two weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieT2 View Post
    anyone know the status of the biking trails in the valley?
    mad river riders posted last week that they were closed but trailforks says otherwise.
    still closed. The local sports fields are just now drying up. I would expect another week or two at least for any trails to open.

Reports that I saw on Trailforks were from the Fall of 2018. I took my dog for a short hike last weekend on the Catamount Trail and it was a wet, muddy mess with lots of water flowing on sections of the trail.

I guess you gotta pay attention to these things. Still a shame that Hg is not open. I was looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I guess you gotta pay attention to these things. Still a shame that Hg is not open. I was looking forward to it.
    Agreed. I said goodbye to all the trails on Sunday. Stein's is skiing great yesterday and today.

Thread Information