The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 568

AlpineZone

Page 568 of 591 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 5902
    But Hawk, it's snowing out! Seriously, it beats raining. Will be out at some point with my daughter. Gotta get to 50 and 40 days each. Or, at least close down the condo. Can't buy good weekend weather this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    But Hawk, it's snowing out! Seriously, it beats raining. Will be out at some point with my daughter. Gotta get to 50 and 40 days each. Or, at least close down the condo. Can't buy good weekend weather this spring.
    This time of year I would rather rain than snow, in rain at least the snow is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    This time of year I would rather rain than snow, in rain at least the snow is soft.
    such words should never be spoken.

Sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    It is a bit more expensive but it is working. We do find that plates are disappearing and some people are throwing them in the trash. That is why we are experimenting with having people leave their full trays and we will do the sorting. We have been piloting this in the GH the past few weeks and it seems to be working well.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by teleo View Post
    Not necessarily. Sometimes it freezes and you get dust on crust. But in this case you are correct. we got out at 11:45 and the rain stopped all the way to the bottom with light snow and we skied until after 4. Sun came out at 1 it warmed up a bit and it was actually really good. The new snow mixed with the groomed mush and made it pretty consistent. We preferred Steins because spring Fling, snowball and lower organgrinder were pretty sticky. Steins skied really nice. Many laps.

Today the temps dipped under freezing last night so pretty firm early on. We will see what this afternoon brings.

Yesterday turned out good. Way better than expected. Birdland was good too but lower grinder was as sticky as snowball. Had to ski fast so the sticky stuff wouldn't slow you down. If that makes sense.

Hope it's not frozen solid today. Allready put away the stiff skiis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if its not groomed. im doomed!!!!:

Thanks for posting this picture...I think the latest I've ever skied SB was last season on 4/1. Two weeks before they had winter storm Skylar which dropped 60 inches and even after a warm weekend the mountain was 100% open. So interesting to see what it looks like this time of year.

Thread Information