The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 570

AlpineZone

Page 570 of 588 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 5878
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I did 60 days this year but 20 were out west or at other places. This is pretty cool that they took the time to do that. I have to say that based on what I here from so many other places, the value of being an independent area is really large. They really seem to care and it shows.
    Do many other places do something like that? I know K does it for the 100 day club, 60 seems much more attainable for the average person. Unless you live in a ski town it would be real tough to make 100. Anybody know of other mountains doing something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    I don't particularly like getting mail as it's usually a bill or junk mail, etc. So when I saw an official looking envelope from Sugarbush today, I thought..what did I do now? Haha.

Well I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. A letter with the simple acknowledgement of skiing 60 plus days at the Bush this season. Much appreciated, thanks Win!

We'll be there this wknd!

Class act!
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

Well, I can assure you SR does not do this. In fact they can't, they do not even have a system to accurately count individual skier days.

I really enjoyed the fact of receiving thank you emails for visiting when I skied with my Ikon at Sugarbush this year. I realize some of that was marketing to have me come back (which I did but would have anyway) but it still was a nice touch. Did I mention I love RFID systems? So smooth and easy for direct to the lift and I can only imagine the benefit of that type of data for the areas, lift usage, skier numbers, patterns. Some might say too much data, but I have to imagine it allows better info for future investment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

A pie in the sky question for Win: If permitting and money were no object, what major project/expansion/improvement would you like to do at the ski resort?

What is going to be my best option if driving up from NH on Sunday, is the route from exit 5 fully passable in a forester?
    The true happiness of a man can be found in the mastery of his passions.

Roxbury gap still very muddy and rutty even though it says reopening on the 1st. Bethel Mtn rd still closed also from flooding.

Take Exit 3 follow 107 to 100 it is a little shorter than going all the way up to exit 9. Roxbury is still very muddy and it is going to rain tomorrow again.

Some will be getting a 100 day letter soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    A pie in the sky question for Win: If permitting and money were no object, what major project/expansion/improvement would you like to do at the ski resort?
    My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
    New Glen House Lodge
    Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
    More employee housing
    Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
    Replace Inverness lift
    Expand ME base Lodge
    Renovate Sugarbush Inn
    Renovate SHARC
    New vehicle maintenance building
    New golf clubhouse
    Some additional summer activities
    Replace Bravo in 5 years.
    And that’s only some of the items.

Quote Originally Posted by WinS View Post
    My team already has their list:

Additional snowmaking pond for insurance and to allow more water capacity at LP. (We have excess air)
    New Glen House Lodge
    Additional mid- mountain Lodge at LP
    More employee housing
    Maybe replace HG with new fixed grip Quad with lower profile (more wind protection)
    Replace Inverness lift
    Expand ME base Lodge
    Renovate Sugarbush Inn
    Renovate SHARC
    New vehicle maintenance building
    New golf clubhouse
    Some additional summer activities
    Replace Bravo in 5 years.
    And that’s only some of the items.
    Yikes!

I don't think your being ambitious enough
    2017/18 = 37