• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Kingslug20

The top of steins was like a western type drop in..
Skating rink..yup did that last sesson..in between the moguls..1 and done

Tonyr

The top of steins was like a western type drop in..
Skating rink..yup did that last sesson..in between the moguls..1 and done
I watched multiple people fall on Stein's yesterday and they could not stop the slid. One guy yard saled near the top and wasn't able stop himself until he got about half way down the run. It was actually kind of unnerving to witness.

Lotso

NOAA, 1700' elly:

Sunday Night
Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -6. South wind 10 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
M.L.King Day
Snow before noon, then sleet. High near 30. Windy, with an east wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Hmmmmm

rocks860

Looks like I’ll be going up to eagles feb 5-12 (was the only week I could trade for). Heres to hoping for a snowy rest of the month

mikec142

Too bad about Steins..I was lucky to hit it right after they blew it...we knew that wouldnt last..
I honestly don't get Steins. How could it become bulletproof overnight? Win said it skied great the day before.

I may get flamed for this, but I've said it before. IMHO, Steins has a legendary reputation and yet I avoid it for the most part as I rarely find it in good condition.

Kingslug20

Wet snow..temps dropped quite a bit
The top and bottom guns were on blowing pretty wet stuff..

TSQURD

Skied mid day for a couple hours. Cold. HG was on wind hold all day, I think GMX was too. No lines, no one on the trails. Conditions as expected given the weather - everything was firm and scratchy.

TSQURD

Full disclosure - A lot of skis on the racks today, so im expecting something closer to a typical holiday weekend crowd tomorrow.

Lotso

I think tomorrow will be excellent. Very cold right off, but by late morning, much better. No idea on crowds, but Sundays are never as bad as Saturdays, even on MLK weekend.

Pats fans will be sleeping in after the game going late...

cdskier

Anyone ski today?
Crowds?
Deciding between stowe and here for tommorow
Today was empty (I just drove up today so didn't ski, but had drinks with people that did at Castlerock once I got up here). This has nothing to do with what could happen tomorrow though. I'm thinking it'll be decently crowded with people making up for not going out today. Although who knows...

SkiTheEast

We're up here now, definitely the holiday feel around the valley...suspect tomorrow will be decently busy given how many people passed on today. Our condo complex is packed and all of the usual restaurants seem quite full (relative to last few weekends). There were even like 15 cars in the Alpine Options parking lot just before closing so figure a good amount of people gearing up.

Kingslug20

At least SB has lifts spread out.. its why I like Gore as well...Big line on one..find another...

Hawk

I ventured over to Sunday River this weekend to ski with my sister and the family. As I have always said, they are snowmaking gods. Tremendous conditions of expertly blown and groomed man made snow. Trails open everywhere with very little ice. Refreshing after 3 weeks of technical training on Ripcord and Organgrinder. I did 4 top to bottom White Heats for old time sake. Felt good to rip that trail once again. No lines good weekend but really cold. One more day.

mikec142

What's everyone thinking about tomorrow? Thinking of driving up (leaving NJ in an hour or so). Grabbing a local room and skiing Monday/Tuesday. Concerned about two things:

1. Monday is full of wind holds
2. Access to dinner on Monday

NYSnowflake

I ventured over to Sunday River this weekend to ski with my sister and the family. As I have always said, they are snowmaking gods. Tremendous conditions of expertly blown and groomed man made snow. Trails open everywhere with very little ice. Refreshing after 3 weeks of technical training on Ripcord and Organgrinder. I did 4 top to bottom White Heats for old time sake. Felt good to rip that trail once again. No lines good weekend but really cold. One more day.
Thanks for the report. I am heading up there for the first time in a few weeks. Sounds amazing!

Fwiw… ripcord was really nice at 8:30AM today! Hot Shot and Waterfall were also beautifully groomed this AM. I actually got to ski on gorgeous corduroy for the first time ever at SB this AM.