• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

mikec142

Today was pretty great. Hope tomorrow will be another great day.

I need to invest in gore-tex gloves. Mine were drenched.

TSQURD

Went down that road before. Gloves were always wet, and since the liner wasnt removable took for ever to dry, even on a glove dryer. If you go that route, 2 things to watch look for: 1) Removable liners 2) make sure the membrane has all seams sealed. Apparently its common not to have the stitching around the fingers sealed, or so I was told.

Oh, BTW, what a blast today!

tempImageiQ2OcE.jpg

Boxtop Willie

It really was a great day at SB today. Me thinks they are being a little conservative on their snow reports. Got home to Fayston at 5 and was greeted with at least fourteen inches of fresh (and unfortunately unplowed) snow. And it's snowing again. Might need to get some early runs tomorrow before the work calls begin.

djd66

Today was much needed love for SB! As crappy as the season has been, it’s amazing how quickly think get to awesome with a little pow. Actually there’s a lot of new pow, I estimate about 15”. Today was easily the best day of the season! The Mtn is in great shape, however if you are going in the woods, be careful- there was not much of a base before the storm.

NYSnowflake

Today was pretty great. Hope tomorrow will be another great day.

Mine too! Lucky me, Mr. Snowflake gave me his gloves when he was done at 2 so I could keep skiing ‘till 4. The best part of today was making quiet turns… no scratching or scraping. Zen!

Kingslug20

Going there today...and hey..blew my whole driveway last night..just woke up and its covered...oy

Hawk

Today was much needed love for SB! As crappy as the season has been, it’s amazing how quickly think get to awesome with a little pow. Actually there’s a lot of new pow, I estimate about 15”. Today was easily the best day of the season! The Mtn is in great shape, however if you are going in the woods, be careful- there was not much of a base before the storm.
To add to the woods discussion, below say the Allyns / Glen House level there is just a skim of frozen snow. The snow that fell just covers up the blowdowns and rocks. I have already heard of numerous injury's on Monday from my ski patrol friends. Be extremely carful and keep your tips up if you plan to be foolish.

cdskier

Maybe the snowball - Racers edge snowmating pipe?
That was my guess as well. If so, happy to see them working on fixing that so they can get that route blown in to give another groomed option down the VH side for people that want that (i.e. my dad lol)

Kingslug20

Today was interesting..about 5 inches ontop of nice crunchy stuff
Still a powder day in my book

Johnny B

Castlerock opened for hiking today. It was as good as it gets over there. If anyone is thinking of going tomorrow, I'm sure it'd still be worth the hike!

Hawk

I don't know Johny. As good as it gets? I will say great but I have had many years of as good as it gets. Glad they opened it up for the masses.

crank

Yesh. I like it better when I can ride the chairlift up.

I'm sure it was pretty good though. We are at Sugarbush this weekend and so glad to see so much more open than when we were there over the holidays.

Did I miss something earlier in this thread; I'm wondering why no Slidebrook Express this year and has that already been discussed?

HowieT2

Yesh. I like it better when I can ride the chairlift up.

I'm sure it was pretty good though. We are at Sugarbush this weekend and so glad to see so much more open than when we were there over the holidays.

Did I miss something earlier in this thread; I'm wondering why no Slidebrook Express this year and has that already been discussed?
SBX requires snow cover for evacuation purposes. It should soon be running when temps permit.

WWF-VT

I did the early shift at Mt Ellen today and was on the Summit chair at 9 AM. Lots of fun on Looking Good with untracked powder, Elbow windblown at the the top but fresh and deep the rest of the way. The Inverness chair wasn't running so my guess is that I was one of 5 people that had skied Brambles by 10:30 AM. ROTD was definitely Bravo with knee+ deep powder.

ducky

CR is way better without the lift running.

Bailed out on LP today when I hit the Access Rd traffic jam at The Bridges at 9:00. Quick U-ey and over to MtE. Windblown but some soft turns leftover on the sides.