The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 577

AlpineZone

Page 577 of 593 FirstFirst ... 77477527567575576577578579587 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 5926
    It sounds like you scoped it out and know the answer already. Either way it should not affect you. Just cut around the lift and access the trail. Don't let silly rules get in your way. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    If you mean "will not change trail openings or closings" I am curious as to how that happens with a T-bar running? I presume skiers dodging running T's is not the answer.
    I'm more interested in the plan for the exit vs the entrance. I think there's enough room along side the proposed T Bar for the entrance to Semi-Tough. Looking at the various documents and drawings, the T seems to cross right over the exit for Semi-Tough (which is also the exit for Walt's). In the drawings it didn't look like there was much room to squeeze around the lift shack and lower terminal.

And we can still dream of opening up vertical above Inverness - south facing I know, but trees left everywhere shade snow cover - and Ext Woods have some of the best terrain up there. You gotta admit, as much as the unseen improvements are all needed and appreciated, some new terrain would be just great for all. Snow flies in 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    You gotta admit, as much as the unseen improvements are all needed and appreciated, some new terrain would be just great for all.
    No need to fix what ain't broken.....go ski Slidebrook.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    No need to fix what ain't broken.....go ski Slidebrook.
    Slidebrook - I'm a little bored with SB and the bus lines frankly - and then there are the bus lines - because it's now a regular trail network without a lift.

And did I mention bus lines?

great terrain coming in from Rim Run too. . . . .but then there are bus lines. . . . .

There is so much terrain at the Bush there really is no need to expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    There is so much terrain at the Bush there really is no need to expand.
    You're actually correct on that statement - but 37 years later - I'm being a selfish-need-gratification-American.

Still love to hike to stuff where ' if we take you, we're gonna have to kill you' terrain, but hasn't it been a long time since any new terrain - sans santified woods- were open?

I skied a few NH mountains on a trip to a friends place and discovered all these woods and lifts that weren't there years ago - granted - I'm a VT snow-snob who knows we get better and more copious snow than any other NE area. ( Don't tell me Jay - they have nice woods that are lift-serviced- but it ain't da 'Bush)

Just recall as a 5 or 10 year skier the excitement and anticipation of any new terrain that was announced in the late 80's early 90's. Drew lots of interest. And yeah, I get it, don't come here - its ours - I do undertand that.

lets hope Epic/Ikon/MC users go elsewhere more often. . . . .

The fall anticipation never wanes for skiers who love the woods and the snow, does it?

Definitely hear you on how exciting all the development during the 80s and 90s was.

Only thing major in recent years has been Mittersill at Cannon, South Peak at Loon and Green Peak at Waterville. Suppose Cascade Basin at Pat's as well.

Would be nice to see a bit more of that.

Maybe we get Sunapee West soon or Pinnacle at Ragged.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Definitely hear you on how exciting all the development during the 80s and 90s was.

Only thing major in recent years has been Mittersill at Cannon, South Peak at Loon and Green Peak at Waterville. Suppose Cascade Basin at Pat's as well.

Would be nice to see a bit more of that.

Maybe we get Sunapee West soon or Pinnacle at Ragged.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    All ok examples but, imo, the last time a mountain truly went BIG was Okemo's Jackson Gore in the mid 00s. 2 hsq's, new base lodge, and a crapload of buildings, parking lots, and support infrastructure.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    All ok examples but, imo, the last time a mountain truly went BIG was Okemo's Jackson Gore in the mid 00s. 2 hsq's, new base lodge, and a crapload of buildings, parking lots, and support infrastructure.
    Oh please - not that - while we all like to spend SV's cash, other than a large mid-mountain lodge say - at the junction of SB/NL/GH lifts - and maybe a refurbed Mellen lodge, just a $5M lift serving some terrain that is higher up, shaded, but east/southeast facing ( think CR like) we don't need a whole separate area.

I like the old Mt Ellen lodge - the deck is great - the 60's feel still there, but there's a crowd now, who doesn't care about past glories and expects/wants shiny and new - think there was a song about them in the late 80's ' Shiny Happy People'.

But since we're on the subject - Allyns is just too small for a large area - same with Walts. I know they have plans. . . . . . patience pays off . . . . .

Thread Information