• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

IceEidolon

Yep. They're exposing the resort to liability, using a cleared trail probably with grooming and possibly with snowmaking. All of that takes money to maintain. Unless the resort is feeling generous and lenient, an access fee is totally reasonable.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Smellytele

The natural trails (did castlerock, lower paradise and moonshine)today were fun although pretty thin.
Some of the other trails were a little slick (Murphy’s, sunrise, organgrinder, upper part of ripcord, stein’s).
Liftlines were nothing today except Bravo. Only rode gatehouse first thing, it looked a little longer later. Never got over to Ellen today.

WinS

8:20 pm Sunday night. A nice Champlain Powder surprise while watching the playoffs.

Attachments

• 41CB580B-1ED8-44ED-A583-63DC0E987BC9.jpeg
    41CB580B-1ED8-44ED-A583-63DC0E987BC9.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

crank

We skied Ellen today. No lines to speak of and similar conditions to Lincoln. Nice snow between the granite and the grass.

Looks like they got about 4" since we left this afternoon.

Joshco0752

Does anyone know what was happening with the parking lot at North yesterday? I've never seen that many cars there, even on a Holiday weekend. At 12:30 PM all lots were full, cars were parked down the access road and there were tons of cars trying to get into the parking lot.

The trails weren't crazy, but the parking lot certainly was.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Does anyone know what was happening with the parking lot at North yesterday? I've never seen that many cars there, even on a Holiday weekend. At 12:30 PM all lots were full, cars were parked down the access road and there were tons of cars trying to get into the parking lot.

The trails weren't crazy, but the parking lot certainly was.
Race?

Lotso

Interesting. Some promo going on? I bet Win knows.
Agreed with Josh, and most racers were brought by team vans; very few parents in tow. My guess is the combination of sunshine, temps finally getting reasonable, and LP likely overflowing sent people to ME.

Hope they sold some burgers and fries...