• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

thetrailboss

Staff member
Agreed with Josh, and most racers were brought by team vans; very few parents in tow. My guess is the combination of sunshine, temps finally getting reasonable, and LP likely overflowing sent people to ME.

Hope they sold some burgers and fries...
I remember back way-back-when they had "Mount Ellen Only" and "Mount Ellen Plus" season passes that it would get busy on nice spring days.

Lotso

I remember back way-back-when they had "Mount Ellen Only" and "Mount Ellen Plus" season passes that it would get busy on nice spring days.
I think the 'Sugarbush Value Pass' is essentially ME pass. Some access to LP before ME opens and after it closes.

cdskier

I think the 'Sugarbush Value Pass' is essentially ME pass. Some access to LP before ME opens and after it closes.

Basically...although it also allows LP access midweek non-holiday now too.

KustyTheKlown

my former almost every weekend ski bud had a baby who just turned 1 and he didn't ski at all last season. he rented a sweet place in warren with his wife and baby and is skiing today thru Friday while his wife stays at the place with the baby. she will maybe want to ski a run or two all week, if that. lucky bastard skiing freshies on an empty monday.

Hawk

Must have been nice to ski the lower angle trails like domino and Moonshine. I dont think 4'' of fluff would have helped castlerock or Paradise except to discise the rocks. :)

KustyTheKlown

Must have been nice to ski the lower angle trails like domino and Moonshine. I dont think 4'' of fluff would have helped castlerock or Paradise except to discise the rocks. :)

lol buddy is a decent skier, but not the strongest, and very very tentative about steeps, bumps, and trees. he always does fine (better than fine), but he's just a scared little bitch. i was very surprised when he sent me a photo from the CR double. cant wait to find out how he fared coming down lol. i presume its not perma-moguls yet, so he's got that going for him

Took an extended lunch break and did a few runs, including one on castlerock. The few inches did actually help vs yesterday.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I think Mt. Ellen just has a shitload of parking given its relatively low uphill capacity. That's a TON of cars for 4 quad chair lifts, imo. Pico probably has 2/3 the parking capacity as ME and definitely has a bit more lift capacity.

ducky

I think Mt. Ellen just has a shitload of parking given its relatively low uphill capacity. That's a TON of cars for 4 quad chair lifts, imo. Pico probably has 2/3 the parking capacity as ME and definitely has a bit more lift capacity.
And nobody in the lot helping you park closely to the next car like Lincoln. 5' apart is a big difference from 3' apart. If anyone wants to amuse themselves, there is an interesting IG feed called stoweparkinglot. Full of the stupid shit people do.

Smellytele

And nobody in the lot helping you park closely to the next car like Lincoln. 5' apart is a big difference from 3' apart. If anyone wants to amuse themselves, there is an interesting IG feed called stoweparkinglot. Full of the stupid shit people do.
Actually at Lincoln on Sunday they didn’t direct spacing. Well not when I got there at 8:30( later than planned for multiple reasons).

cdskier

Actually at Lincoln on Sunday they didn’t direct spacing. Well not when I got there at 8:30( later than planned for multiple reasons).

Saturday they weren't either when I got there at 7:45. Sunday morning around the same time I did see several staff in the parking lot, but they weren't directing parking. Very unusual.

Hawk

I skied over and missed all the excitement. I am so happy there is snow now.
Yes it is very unusual that they did not have a full staff. They always do.

djd66

I would love to see them start spinning Slidebrook,... I would think that they have enough base given the recent 9"

WinS

Interesting. Some promo going on? I bet Win knows.
No promo. A lot of racers but both Saturday and Sunday had almost the same number of people. One of the busiest non-holidays weekends I have seen. I guess snow brought out a lot of pent up demand.

WinS

Another 3” last night. Morningstar and Domino skied well. Middle Earth was gnarly through Jaws then better but I did not ski it until 11am so it may have been better first thing. Sunrise was groomed and the trail of the day. Did 3 laps before it was discovered.