The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 586

AlpineZone

Page 586 of 630 FirstFirst ... 86486536576584585586587588596 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 6294
    back on message.. (sorry, had to do it )

(pic taken Mar201
    Last edited by Julius; Oct 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Enough already about season ticket and day ticket pricing.
    Isn't this thread about Sugarbush ?
    Yes - Sugarbush’s season pass and day ticket prices

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    back on message.. (sorry, had to do it )
    That Holiday Rate is Awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Although when the big guys raise their walk up rate they also lower or keep low the season pass rate. The non Vail’s tend to only raise their daily tickets and not lower their season pass rates. Well at least not to the “epic” value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Yes - Sugarbush’s season pass and day ticket prices
    FWIW, Sugarbush did lower their season pass prices around the time Vail bought Stowe. Prior to that they also created an additional "30s" age bracket that benefited some people (my price was basically cut in half when that age bracket came out).

A full adult pass (at the early purchase price) was $300 less this season than it was for the 2016-2017 season.

Another ratio that's changed … look at the half day rates. $119 for any non holiday day, and $99 for a "half" day. Half day rates were always more than half, but this is 83%.

Quote Originally Posted by JDMRoma View Post
    I'm sensing some sarcasm here, but I want to reiterate what someone mentioned earlier in the thread: the tradeoff between price and crowds. Weather and price are the two most important factors in people's decisions to ski. If you make it cheaper to ski at a given time, more people will ski, and vice versa. I get annoyed when people complain about both crowding and prices - you can complain about one, but not both, because they're highly correlated with one another! Holidays are the most crowded times on the mountain, so why not raise prices to try and control crowds a bit? If higher prices lead to fewer crowds at peak times, it makes the experience for the people who did pay a little bit better. If you don't like crowds, or like low prices, go to the mountain when fewer people are going, i.e. on a Thursday at Mount Ellen

Quote Originally Posted by mister moose View Post
    Another ratio that's changed … look at the half day rates. $119 for any non holiday day, and $99 for a "half" day. Half day rates were always more than half, but this is 83%.
    Half day rates are always a lot more than half the cost of the full day rate for the same reason that a large popcorn only costs a buck more than a small popcorn at the movie theater. In essence, the resort is encouraging you via pricing to buy a full-day ticket because the cost to the resort of you skiing isn't proportional to the time you spend on the mountain. There are lots of fixed costs that go into opening the mountain for the day.

(If there's any common thread to my responses in this thread on price, it's that I think Win and the team at Sugarbush are being totally fair when it comes to pricing.)

To be fair though, if someone goes to a ski resort on a holiday and doesn't plan ahead, they get what they deserve with the high walk up rates.

Looks like I’ll be up there this year from February 8-15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this fuss about ticket prices. We need a bigger solution. Much bigger. Universal skiing! Surely there must be a Democratic presidential candidate one-upping the field by advocating for a "free skiing for everyone" government program in a bid to win the free-stuff primary. Child care, college, guaranteed income, reparations, affordable housing, medicare for all -- don't stop there! -- FREE SKIING!

$129 was Snowbird's holiday rate last season FWIW.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information