• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ericfromMA/NH/VT

The bottom of gmx isn’t a good measuring stick for the line. It is a transport to the upper 2 lifts
oh yeah i forgot about that. I always do top to bottom runs at Mt Ellen so I'm always getting on that lift. I haven't been there since 2019...my march 2020 trip was.... well, you know....

But I'll be there next week :)

cdskier

There seems to be a new webcam that's showing the lift line at the NR chair. There was no line there either from the webcam at the lift.
And the Walt's Scenic cam also allows you to see the line at the Summit chair...which also seemed to be minimal most of the time today from what I saw on that cam.

Hawk

So today. Excellent! was in line at bravo at 8:25 and there were about 100 people there already. got up on maybe the 25th chair? something like that. My early estimate was wrong. . Up on the mountain above allyns there was probably 16-18" of snow that had a dense underlayer and got lighter as it accunulated.. Skied awsome. Just what we needed. Went to HG, lift broke. Castlerock was packed and had bunches of people around the turn doubled back so we did not ski it. All natural trails like Domino, Moodshine and Lixis are all good packed Pow with only a touch of the base showing. Hit the bus when HG went down and over to Ellen. There may have been even more snow there. Tumbler, Bravo, Encore, Hammerhead all skied great. FIs looked in better shape wut we skiing Black Diamond instead. It was in great shape with only a few rocks showing. Looking good woods skied well also. Storm was jsut what we needed. No lines at all at Ellen but once HG broke down, Lincoln Peak was medium lines. First time I have seen cars in Lot F on a Friday.

WinS

Interesting. Maybe a good time to rent the cabin cat. ?
Looks like North Lynx is dead. Anyone got an update?
From what I understand water leaked through the roof into the drive. Envision spilling a glass of water on your PC. My guess is this is a complicated fix of the drive electrical system.

WinS

So today. Excellent! was in line at bravo at 8:25 and there were about 100 people there already. got up on maybe the 25th chair? something like that. My early estimate was wrong. . Up on the mountain above allyns there was probably 16-18" of snow that had a dense underlayer and got lighter as it accunulated.. Skied awsome. Just what we needed. Went to HG, lift broke. Castlerock was packed and had bunches of people around the turn doubled back so we did not ski it. All natural trails like Domino, Moodshine and Lixis are all good packed Pow with only a touch of the base showing. Hit the bus when HG went down and over to Ellen. There may have been even more snow there. Tumbler, Bravo, Encore, Hammerhead all skied great. FIs looked in better shape wut we skiing Black Diamond instead. It was in great shape with only a few rocks showing. Looking good woods skied well also. Storm was jsut what we needed. No lines at all at Ellen but once HG broke down, Lincoln Peak was medium lines. First time I have seen cars in Lot F on a Friday.
Lot G filled too and HG reopened. It was an awesome morning and first day in the woods. I bet tomorrow will be busy too.

Shredmonkey254

drooling.
So… is it possible to have to much snow? Had multiple woods failures today, humping thru thigh deep, untracked. Runs we have done many times over the years, FAIL. Is it we are out of practice, too many trees down or was just too much snow? Is that even f’ing possible? Do the woods really change that much from year to year? You guys stop pruning!? God. Beers never tasted so good this afternoon, thanks Kingslug!

Kingslug20

Skiing deep pow is simply not easy...trees i imagine are not easy either if its super deep...

bumpsAndTrees

So… is it possible to have to much snow? Had multiple woods failures today, humping thru thigh deep, untracked. Runs we have done many times over the years, FAIL. Is it we are out of practice, too many trees down or was just too much snow? Is that even f’ing possible? Do the woods really change that much from year to year? You guys stop pruning!? God. Beers never tasted so good this afternoon, thanks Kingslug!
There seems to be much less pruning than there used to be, both by the mountain and privately. Exterminator woods were very much overgrown yesterday. Exterminator was always tight, but with the minimal snowpack & lack of pruning, has become treacherous. I don’t ski Walt’s much, but it had no obvious exit.

bumpsAndTrees

There seems to be much less pruning than there used to be, both by the mountain and privately. Exterminator woods were very much overgrown yesterday. Exterminator was always tight, but with the minimal snowpack & lack of pruning, has become treacherous. I don’t ski Walt’s much, but it had no obvious exit.
I might add that Mad River Glen doesn’t seem to have this problem. Unfortunately, the lift lines were horrendous there yesterday.