The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 595

AlpineZone

Page 595 of 605 FirstFirst ... 95495545585593594595596597 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 6050
  1. #5941
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    I think MC was 449 initially and you got to add a third free day at any one resort. So say I choose SB. That gives me three days at SB for $449 (plus tax). If I add a quad pack for $260 (that includes tax) that would give me 7 days at SB for $709 ($101/day). If I added 2 more quad packs for a total of 15 ski days, it still leaves me at $82/day.
    Are those 15 ski days just for you? If so, a season pass at that point is a better value. Right now an SB season pass is $1200 (and we're already at the 2nd price increase for it I think). One benefit of an SB pass is also that you get 50% off prices at all the other Mountain Collective resorts. So in a situation where you're not sure whether you're going west or not, that benefit being there at no extra cost either way could work out. Of course in the east you're locking yourself into SB, but by buying so many quad packs you're doing the same thing anyway.



    There is clear value to me if I know I'm going out west, but right now, it doesn't seem to make sense. I looked at the math on Ikon and Epic as well. Unfortunately, it seems to me that if I don't know about going out west, the economics don't make sense.
    Yea, if you don't know for sure it makes the decision more challenging. No doubt about it.

  2. #5942
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Are those 15 ski days just for you? If so, a season pass at that point is a better value. Right now an SB season pass is $1200 (and we're already at the 2nd price increase for it I think). One benefit of an SB pass is also that you get 50% off prices at all the other Mountain Collective resorts. So in a situation where you're not sure whether you're going west or not, that benefit being there at no extra cost either way could work out. Of course in the east you're locking yourself into SB, but by buying so many quad packs you're doing the same thing anyway.



    Yea, if you don't know for sure it makes the decision more challenging. No doubt about it.
    Right now, I buy between 12-20 days via quad pack for SB and split them among me, my wife and two teenage kids. Let's say, at best, that 10 of the days at SB are used by me. Tough to go the season pass route.

    I truly love skiing at SB. But living 5.5 hours away and having kids with active social lives and a wife who likes to ski but doesn't love to ski, makes it hard to make a commitment to any of the passes.

    I envy your commitment to making the trip on a regular basis. It seems like you have a place up there (super jealous) which makes things easier. Hopefully someday...gotta pay for college first.

    FWIW, no matter what I do, it never seems to be right. So last year, I woulda have come out on top if I bought the Ikon pass for me and two quad packs for the family. But I wasn't planning on going to Utah and it happened last minute. Plus, last year, I overbought quad packs and locked myself into SB and didn't get to ski MRG. This year I bought 60% of the quad packs as the previous year and mark my words, we will have used them up by the end of Christmas (assuming good snow) and then I'll be stuck!!

  3. #5943
    Not sure if this has been posted?? Bethel Mountain Road(Camp Brook road) is finally open!!!

  4. #5944
    Quote Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted?? Bethel Mountain Road(Camp Brook road) is finally open!!!
    I'm just gonna assume I'll be mud-bogging the Subie just the same as when it was "closed" ...

    2 years ago I was up on that road with an Xterra and the X turned around. I made it in the Legacy GT ... no damage to speak of, a good bit of mud though. Those washboard ruts were killer but even with lowering spring the Subie handled it.

  5. #5945
    Bethel Mt Road - pretty frost-heaved - but not dirt - are we talking about Rox Gap Rd?

    East side of that can get rutty in the flats - my Saab does it w snows - as long as one stays on the topf of the rut lines - very challenging - look forward to it - kinda like a little too much speed in Rumble Woods . . . or even top of Grotto


    Did they re-pave BMR?

  6. #5946
    miklec142,

    you'd fit in nicely at our ski house - most of us - no wait - all of us have sometimes ski-spouses, teens w full social and school schedules, and 2/3 of the 3/4 weekends a month we are spouse-free.


    If you purchased early season pass your 10 days would be at $85 ( $850, or was it $799?)

    1st year my 16 yr old didn't get a pass at $369 - she skied 3 days due to competition in club sports back home.

    It's not an ad for the house ( I have one on this forum) but for $2500 or so you get a place to stay Nov-April and a pass, and mid week it;s all empty for those fortunate enough to take time. Maybe next year - 5 hours - we have 3.5 - needs an early start Fri and a very early start Monday morning - coming that far its best to travel with friends to split driving too.

    I've had that never gotting it right feeling too - one year - when she got pregant with my 9 yr old - was 1st and only year I purchased season pass for her - they reimbursed us - thats how they treat loyal customers - always have. I ate 4 Quad passes last year after giving some to customers and two more to friends/guests. Happens too often. Still $65 right?

    Anyway - come up as guests some weekend - cheap way to go. Got teens and good cooks too.

    I purchased MC two yrs ago - got 7 'free' at Revel/Lake Loiuse/Sunshine - record snow year there. My ski house group who came with us - just paid half price w no May outlay of $400 early pass price.

    Each place was apprx $100 so I'm going with half price rom now on.

  7. #5947
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    Right now, I buy between 12-20 days via quad pack for SB and split them among me, my wife and two teenage kids. Let's say, at best, that 10 of the days at SB are used by me. Tough to go the season pass route.

    I truly love skiing at SB. But living 5.5 hours away and having kids with active social lives and a wife who likes to ski but doesn't love to ski, makes it hard to make a commitment to any of the passes.

    I envy your commitment to making the trip on a regular basis. It seems like you have a place up there (super jealous) which makes things easier. Hopefully someday...gotta pay for college first.
    That scenario does make it tough to go the season pass route. I bought a place up there 8 years ago which does make things easier. I live 5 hours away, but no kids and no wife so that certainly makes things a little simpler in terms of planning. As long as the weather looks good, I can just go. First year I had the condo I only skied 9 days at SB (combination of a terrible winter that ended early along with trying to "plan" too much). I learned from those mistakes and now I've hit 40+ days in 5 of the 7 seasons since then.

  8. #5948
    Quote Originally Posted by 1dog View Post
    Bethel Mt Road - pretty frost-heaved - but not dirt - are we talking about Rox Gap Rd?

    East side of that can get rutty in the flats - my Saab does it w snows - as long as one stays on the topf of the rut lines - very challenging - look forward to it - kinda like a little too much speed in Rumble Woods . . . or even top of Grotto


    Did they re-pave BMR?
    Parts have been repaved, a big section just above Rochester was totally redone. We went over Friday and Saturday, It's in pretty good shape.

  9. #5949
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Incorrect. The water for South was pumped from Clay Brook at the Golf Course and there was a small intake at the old gondola building. South had very little snowmaking then. Les built the Mad River intake and pond and put in snowmaking all over the mountain. North was the snowmaking mountain of SB before Les.
    Correct

  10. #5950
    I do not look at Alpine Zone during the warmer months that frequently but will start to again as opening day approaches. If anyone wants to reach out directly my email is wsmith@sugarbush.com. Think Snow!

    And yes, the Quad Pack is good for those who only visit here a few days each season. There are no blackouts and they are transferable.
    It pays to shop. Skiing has become very affordable if you search. The MC is a great deal for those chasing the powder.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 34 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 34 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The "Sugarbush Thread" vs. Guess the ski area
    By Greg in forum Northeast Skiing and Snowboarding Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Aug 12, 2005, 11:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:57 PM.