• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

djspookman

That's not surprising about the alleged quality of the tree skiing up that way. IIRC, it's mostly hardwoods until you get to the top 200-300 verts or so, but that could be off. If that's the case, then I'd venture to say that the old liftline probably has the worst skiing up in that area. A buddy of mine skied the line in the epic year of 2000-2001 and said it was so grown in that he had to hike back up and out. Total and complete lockdown - Alcatraz style. Mind you, the snow was so deep at Sugarbush that year that I know people where skiing ON TOP of the younger pine trees to skier's left of the top of Sunrise. Those trees are 15 feet tall these days.

In short, I doubt it's worth your time. Lines to the left and right of that cut, however, are a different story altogether.[/quote]

yah, I know it isn't all that worth it, but it would be fun just to find it and navigate down thru. My goal was to bushwack from MRG across the ridge along the Long Trail, then pop onto the lift cut and ski down to the bush. Of corse this won't happen if the brush is too thick. oh well!:)

Lostone

And as to the trails next to Inverness, it is because of the nature of those trails that I regret losing Brambles. :cry:

Those are real New England trails and a lot of fun to ski. I like Walt's, too. Great place to hide on a crowded afternoon.

And as mentioned above, very like North Lynx as someplace to play in the sun, almost all day. :beer:

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
Wow, man, this thread took off... looking forward to the responses coming in from the AZ challenge... yeah, I've read lots about the MRG connector cut before, just thought it'd be nice to throw it out there and try to get some more discussion on it, and it worked...

Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...

Lostone

I think it was from your site. If you check the address in properties.

But he also said at the bottom that it was a nice site, so it's ok, right? :wink:

And I agree that it is good. I've seen some of the maps elsewhere, but you have the dates, while they (I believe) just had the maps in some cases.) :beer:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Strat said:
Austin, just wondering, where did you pull the old north map from? I only know of two places, nelsap and my site, that have it on, just interested, especially if it's my site, haha...

I think 'Daevious' has some good Sugarbush stuff as well...www.daevious.com I believe?

awf170

Strat said:
Wow, man, this thread took off... looking forward to the responses coming in from the AZ challenge... yeah, I've read lots about the MRG connector cut before, just thought it'd be nice to throw it out there and try to get some more discussion on it, and it worked...

ya it was your site

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
awf170 said:
Strat said:

ya it was your site
Yay... yeah, forgot about daev's site, was caught up in the potential glory.... :D 8)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, getting back to our favorite SB runs, I think that most of the folks from the old RSN room will recall that the room agreed that Zip is a pretty hot trail! If not that, Spread Eagle. Both are just great examples of the world class terrain that we love and enjoy at SB North :lol: :wink:

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
thetrailboss said:
Well, getting back to our favorite SB runs, I think that most of the folks from the old RSN room will recall that the room agreed that Zip is a pretty hot trail! If not that, Spread Eagle. Both are just great examples of the world class terrain that we love and enjoy at SB North :lol: :wink:
Oh clearly, can't forget those...

Haha, good times in RSN land...

noski

Warren 4th of July

(sorry to go off on a tangent briefly) Did you go to the parade? What did you think? Nearly 6000 Buddy Badges were sold at $1 each. That says good turnout. What did you like best? Lostone, I looked for your camera bag... but alas.

Strat

Website
www.geocities.com
Re: Warren 4th of July

noski said:
(sorry to go off on a tangent briefly) Did you go to the parade? What did you think? Nearly 6000 Buddy Badges were sold at $1 each. That says good turnout. What did you like best? Lostone, I looked for your camera bag... but alas.
I've missed it the last 3 years unfortunately, being at camps, did this year too, definitely miss it... how was the traffic situation at the access road bridge? I'm sure this was heavily discussed already, just wondering, how did they work around that? German Flats-Inferno Road-West Hill?

noski

Re: Warren 4th of July

Strat said:
I've missed it the last 3 years unfortunately, being at camps, did this year too, definitely miss it... how was the traffic situation at the access road bridge? I'm sure this was heavily discussed already, just wondering, how did they work around that? German Flats-Inferno Road-West Hill?

ahhh- got the key from AOT, switched to blinking red/yellow and stationed an officer to direct traffic. Once rush was over, turned the signal back on and all was well.... Never underestimate the power of those in noski's circle.... Madbus ran all day to Yestermorrow and Lincoln Peak satellite parking. I think things were real smooth in the traffic department. You did miss another good parade, though.

Lostone

Lostone, I looked for your camera bag... but alas.

But alas... you saw it and hid! :angry: :wink:

You're not the first to hide from me. There's a long line. Where the heck is 2438? Still looking.

Good times. Saw a number of people I know, and I really don't know anyone.

Took over 100 pix. Will get some of them up in the near future. Will post in this thread, when I have.

Some pix from last year's parade, here: http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix/warrenparade2004.msnw

Who did I like? Michael Jackson with the Free Daycare sign? Battle of the Georges? No... It was the depends group. :lol:

Lostone

Oh yeah, and as for Zip, got a pic on Sunday of a bunch of people picnicing just below it.

Don't they know someone is liable to come down it out of control from such a steep, dangerous trail and hit them?? :roll:

It is a more difficult trail, ya know! :eek: :lol:

noski

Re: Independence Day

daevious said:
Well, while we wait for Lostone :wink:, here are some of my photos from the Warren 4th of July Parade.
Great pics! I was across the street- making your location about 2 o'clock from me. I am hearing great reviews on this year's parade. I have to agree it was a good one. Did anyone notice how clean the town was...? :wink: