• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Teleskier

I haven't had any 'real' dinner plans (either with other people, or indoors) since the pandemic started, but on the other hand, I have skied quite a bunch.

If it matches your risk profile, I'd personally go with the dinner plans. The ski hill will be there next year, you'll want your girlfriend to be there too. :)

SkiTheEast

ikon pass holders get 8 family and friend tickets at 25% off the window rate. not sure if that comes out lower than the online pre-sale price
The Ikon discounted ticket comes out to $134 everyday (no dynamic pricing) since the window rate is marked at $179. Maybe a few weeks early but usually start seeing some people offloading extra quad pack tickets toward the latter part of the month...

djd66

They've been everywhere in Europe ever since the '80s. Americans have an obsession with always putting the bubble down but ideally you only put it down in poor weather. I think they're a great option, and don't necessarily need to be a fancy, heated Doppelmayr D-Line one either.
They are everywhere out west. (Big Sky has 4 of them) Every time I ride on one, I always think of the cold ass winters in VT.

STREETSKIER

Nice few sleeper snowfalls has made for excellent skiing lately ,enough so where I’m taking the day off work again
Still snowing lightly this am
No powder hungry crowds just a few locals
Like it used to be

STREETSKIER

Sweet runs all over the mountain today again
Deeper today 5”
tracks were filled in on the tree runs I did yesterday still tippie toe lots of stuff to hit
But some amazing super clean almost knee deep lines
Trails were prime ripcord was real nice
Grandstand as as good as it gets
I rode a Surfy fat pow board that has major float
temps are going below zero tonight

cdskier

Looks sweet. Today was the type of day where I really wish I was retired and/or independently wealthy and didn't have to work. It was so nice to see that fresh blanket of 5" of snow this morning out my window...although not as nice knowing I had meetings all day and wouldn't be able to take advantage of it. Those over-performing "snow-showers" that catch people off-guard are the best.

Looks like CR lift reopens tomorrow. Guess I'm not going to get the workout doing the hike over after work tomorrow that I thought I was going to have to do...

On another note...I just gave away my first "Friends and Family" discounts on Ikon. My cousin is coming up with his family this weekend and I guess it was a somewhat last minute decision so the only tickets left online were the $169 ones for Saturday. With the discount it came to $135 or something...which is still crazy, but at least I was able to help him out a little bit.

cdskier

I lapped CR this afternoon for a bunch of runs. Did CR Run to Cotillion, Middle Earth, and a CR Run to Lower CR Run. No slug sightings. It was fun, although I'm sure this morning was better. Amazing that there was over 2 feet of snow in the last week and it still is so thin in a lot of spots.

Kingslug20

I went from 10 to 1230 non stop..then i was kerplunkt...obviously it got thinner as the day went on..so you had to slow down a bit..but you could rip on cotillion as it had the best coverage..as well as lower lift line.
3 days of powdery skiing...more than i got out west.

Kingslug20

Now...have to decide about sunday...skiing in the warm rain may be fun. All the bump runs today where pretty skied off. Yesterday was the day..even organ donor was very deep early on..but not...so much today. Water proofing my stuff today in anticipation.

cdskier

I went from 10 to 1230 non stop..then i was kerplunkt...obviously it got thinner as the day went on..so you had to slow down a bit..but you could rip on cotillion as it had the best coverage..as well as lower lift line.
3 days of powdery skiing...more than i got out west.

Nice. I only got out there a little after 1 once I was done with some meetings... Cotillion (and Lower CR Run) always tend to have some of the best cover in my opinion.

Kingslug20

What still amazes me is how few people are here...stowe has 5x the amount of people at least. Glad i got an ikon this season

cdskier

Few questions about Castlerock.

2) Why is Liftline blacked on out signpost ?

So I noticed quite a few trail signs on CR today where the top one was "erased". In addition to the ones you mentioned, this was also the case at the intersection of CR/Lower CR/Troll Road/Cotillion (Cotillion I believe is supposed to be the top one on that particular trail sign...and it was all black) and the case as well at the intersection of Middle Earth and Troll Road (ME is the top one there and was simply all black).

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Guess I really should've kept this Wed-Fri as my week to get up there. Oh well... I'll still have fun next week. Set my expectations low for pristine conditions, then see what happens. Maybe I'll get lucky!

WinS

What still amazes me is how few people are here...stowe has 5x the amount of people at least. Glad i got an ikon this season
I do not know Stowe’s skier visits now but Sugarbush and Stowe a few years ago were comparable. There are two differences. Sugarbush‘s vertical uphill per hour of 24,000 plus is significantly more than Stowe currently and the 4,000 acres of potential skiing and riding at Sugarbush (including Slidebrook) spreads people out better When everything is open.