• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

thetrailboss

Staff member
@BG: I can confirm Middle Earth sucked on Friday. You did not miss out!

@Trailboss: Objectively, I probably agree, even if it might be tough to admit. I remember the fear & pride I felt the first time I did a run there (as a kid with my dad). First time I skied there as an adult was a midweek powderday after a surprise November (1999) storm dumped ~3 ft. The memory of waistdeep untracked on Castlerock Run & Rumble is etched in my mind.
Everytime I ski sugarbush I feel compelled to go there hoping (sometimes in vain) that it'll be good and without a long liftline. <shrug>

I echo your comments re: going there in vain and the often long line. It is what it is. Sometimes it's good; sometimes not. I bet that this season it has been pretty good.

rocks860

I'll hit up castlerock every so often but it's not really why I go there. It's more of a perk Id it happens to be good

deadheadskier

Staff member
I fear what will become of the Mall. I know they say they don't plan on widening it much, but I don't believe them.

HowieT2

I fear what will become of the Mall. I know they say they don't plan on widening it much, but I don't believe them.

I'm fairly confident the only part being significantly widened is up top where the new terminus will be.