The "Sugarbush Thread" - Page 60

AlpineZone

Page 60 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160560 ... LastLast
    Again, thanks for the updates mtnlady... you're our light in the dark

Re: News and quesses

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlady
    Not a guess, but not "news" either, as we still can't say definitely about being able to open Saturday. Plans are full speed ahead, with snowmaking probably already re-started @ ME, and scheduled to start @ LP tonight. Hardy reports that the route, if we open, will be Rim Run to Elbow to Spread Eagle to base of Summitt chair - one way to Glen House, and definitely up- and down-loading on GMX.
    Sounds like typical preseason route...nice...cheers!
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss
    Not a guess, but not "news" either, as we still can't say definitely about being able to open Saturday. Plans are full speed ahead, with snowmaking probably already re-started @ ME, and scheduled to start @ LP tonight. Hardy reports that the route, if we open, will be Rim Run to Elbow to Spread Eagle to base of Summitt chair - one way to Glen House, and definitely up- and down-loading on GMX.
    Sounds like typical preseason route...nice...cheers!
    I can confirm that guns were blowing snow on Mt Ellen when I went thru at 6:30 this morning. Also I noted that while we had rain at the "lower" elevation, the ridge line to about 1/3 down was well frosted. Can't say how much is snow and how much was ice, but clearly it was colder there.

Looks like the new SB website is up and running. 1st impression....looks pretty good Hope to be skiing up there this weekend. If not....maybe earning my turns!
    \"Quietly Heartbroken Tennis Player.\"

And we have had groomer/snowmobile road access through Slide Brook since
    the intermountain lift went in - takes off north from the VR, has bridges across Slide Brook and Lockwood Brook. The snowshoe trail we use for Outback Tours takes off from that service road. Should you go exploring, be aware that snowmoes from mtn ops travel through there, so keep you ears tuned and be prepared to step aside - quickly.
    mtnlady -

Allow me to echo the sentiments of others and thank you for passing along the 411. One question regarding your quote above. Where exactly does that road lead to within Slide Brook? Does it eventually intersect with the road used to access the blazed runs for the Outback tours? If so, how far down?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel_skier
    Looks like the new SB website is up and running. 1st impression....looks pretty good Hope to be skiing up there this weekend. If not....maybe earning my turns!
    I hope it's only that slow because they just put it up. It is taking quite a while for pages to load.
    Fear should be treated like fire - it's a good thing that can keep you warm but it can also burn down the house

Definitely loading too slow. I suppose that's to be expected this early after its launch. The lift and trail report needs some work though b/c it's really confusing. You can't see the diamonds against the black background - shocker - so it's tough to follow the whole flow of that page. Also, there isn't any key to tell us where they are making snow or grooming or what's open and closed.

Yup....very slow website.

Not sure if that will change over time....if the design and server set-up are delivering this current performance, I'm not sure why that would change for the better if they don't make changes.
    I'm just a slow emotion replay
    Of somebody I used to be...

TheThe (Slow Emotion Replay - Dusk, 1993)

you beat me too it....

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Woodsman
    Definitely loading too slow. I suppose that's to be expected this early after its launch. The lift and trail report needs some work though b/c it's really confusing. You can't see the diamonds against the black background - shocker - so it's tough to follow the whole flow of that page. Also, there isn't any key to tell us where they are making snow or grooming or what's open and closed.
    Your keyboard must be faster than mine. While I was gonna say nothing, the more I try to use the new site, the more I have to...

IMHO it is/was not ready for public consumption. First off waaaaaaaaaay slow. Colors on drop down menus make it hard to read text. Trail status chart pretty much sucks. Besides if I am reading it right (lil green o's next to trail name) everything is open now. That said, I think it is a good start but it needs some help.

Re: you beat me too it....

Quote Originally Posted by vtskibum
    Colors on drop down menus make it hard to read text.
    I talked to someone else who is seeing the drop downs as white on black. Mine are light blue on green. When I drop down it changes to yellow on gray. Not sure if this is the pilot, the browswer I am using (Mozilla Firefox), or something funky in the website coding. Plenty of time to explore while waiting for the site to change pages

Thread Information